Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSP dashboard change steps

SOLVED
Highlighted
Here to help

MSP dashboard change steps

Hello

How does and Meraki end customer change from one MSP to another?

If I´d like to move my Meraki network(s) to be managed by another reseller/MSP what are the required steps?

I´m thinking that there are multiple scenarios depending on the way networks are purchased (end customer owned hw+licensing vs. MSP owned). Any other considerations?

Thanks in advance,

Oskar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kind of a big deal

Re: MSP dashboard change steps

There is not sufficient information to answer your question.

If you own your own kit and licences, and you have administrative access, and your contract with your MSP supports it, simply remove their access and grant the access to the new MSP.

If you don't own your own kit then you'll need to talk to the new MSP about them deploying a new set of kit.

If you need to move kit between organisations and you are not an administrator then you wont be able to transfer the licences.

2 REPLIES
Kind of a big deal

I'd recommend having your own dashboard to which you are the admin of and then to just give access to whatever MSP you would like to help manage your networks.  That way you can avoid this scenario in the future and maintain ultimate control. 

I'm pretty sure to move your hardware from one users dashboard to another will involve unclaiming and re-claiming and configuring in someone elses dashboard.  But maybe support has a more streamline way of doing this.  Hopefully.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Kind of a big deal

There is not sufficient information to answer your question.

If you own your own kit and licences, and you have administrative access, and your contract with your MSP supports it, simply remove their access and grant the access to the new MSP.

If you don't own your own kit then you'll need to talk to the new MSP about them deploying a new set of kit.

If you need to move kit between organisations and you are not an administrator then you wont be able to transfer the licences.