cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSP Portal > New Idea: MSP Level Logins ( - Please Kudo's if you like this)

Highlighted
A model citizen

MSP Portal > New Idea: MSP Level Logins ( - Please Kudo's if you like this)

New Idea - Setup users at the 'MSP Portal' level removing the need to micro-manage at the organisation level.

To put this in to prospective, for ten organisations I need to add this single user this many times. I appreciate SAML is a way around this, but it seems overkill to achieve something expected.

Please Kudo's if you would like this idea.

Thank you,

Peter James

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Getting noticed

Re: MSP Portal > New Idea: MSP Level Logins ( - Please Kudo's if you like this)

What we did is made a "template" org with a generic helpdesk user on it, as well as various settings & branding.   This user has 2FA enabled as well.

Then, when creating a new org, we clone that template org to a new org, and it inherits the users defined at the template level.

This has worked really well so far.  For what it's worth, you can also add and remove users via the API.

A model citizen

@lpopejoy Thanks for that and I highly recommend that approach too.

We start off with a template, but with any staff access change it is multiplied over the number of organisations. With 100 clients, for one change of access this needs to be carried out 100 times.

Currently we are looking in to SAML Authentication, but this still needs setup across each organisation albeit just once.

Thank you,

Peter James

Getting noticed

@PeterJamesHave you considered using the API to add/remove users?  From the documentation, this looks pretty straight forward.  While I would agree that it isn't ideal, it would be far better than a manual approach!

Here to help

Man I could ask for enhancements for days on the MSP side, (I think my wishes are still in the well). A NOC view that never times out (for team monitor), settings like content filtering that are the Org or MSP level, a much more settings for alerts, just to name a few. Perhaps a separate forum here just for MSP's.

Just my two cents CDN

Community Manager

@Stealth_Network wrote:

Perhaps a separate forum here just for MSP's

Hi @Stealth_Network - we've heard the request a couple times before for a separate forum here for just MSPs. Your wish is noted, and it's likely something we'll roll out in the new year.

Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Here to help

Thanks for the separation!

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.