cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone using Auvik to monitor Meraki networks?

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Is anyone using Auvik to monitor Meraki networks?

Hello, is anyone else using Auvik to monitor clients with Meraki networks? Auvik is mainly used by MSP's (which we are). Just curious if you have any tips or suggestions. We are using the API and also using SNMP to pull in data.

5 REPLIES
Getting noticed

Re: Is anyone using Auvik to monitor Meraki networks?

We have Auvik and Meraki, although I haven't had time to delve into the integrations and benefits of Auvik. At face value, it seems Auvik provides no benefit to the Meraki platform; I'd love to hear your use cases.

Conversationalist

We trialled it last year, but it didn't provide any benefit over and above a full Meraki stack; if you have Meraki switches you get as good or better visibility and topology from Auvik. It's nice if you don't have Meraki switches. At the time we tested Auvik, Meraki had just opened up their API, and Auvik said they'd look into tighter integration. We've not heard back from them or seen any product announcements about tighter integration so far.

Getting noticed

I suppose it all depends on needs. We utilize PRTG to monitor nationally (utilizing maps to see outages) gives us a good view of all of our clients as the meraki MSP portal does not automatically update. We also use it for SNMP to monitor WAN and LAN interfaces on equipment. 

Cloud Network Engineer | cloudIT
Certified Meraki Networking Associate

Kudo this if it helped! Smiley Happy
Here to help

I'm familiar with PRTG and others - we are heading into managed services and Meraki will be a portion of that product set, but there will be other platforms in play.  I want to integrate as much as possible into a single NMS platform to, at a minimum, monitor availability/throughput etc 

With what I've seen so far with Meraki, only the MX can be remotely monitored via SNMP - is that correct?  I was wondering about doing port forwarding to other devices behind the MX if I can confirm it's secure but will other devices behind MX respond to SNMP and provide useful information?

Just wondering how far you monitor with PRTG etc Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Paul

Here to help

I reached out to Auvik to get more information but they never got back to me .... would really like to find an NMS type system to monitor Meraki in a "polished" way.  Pulling some data from the API and some data from SNMP seems like a multi-stage "more complicated than it needs to be" approach ....