cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer ownership of Dashboard?

SOLVED
New here

How to transfer ownership of Dashboard?

Is there an easy way to transfer my dashboard to another person? We are an MSP with multiple customers on our account and they want to have it separate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Building a reputation

Re: How to transfer ownership of Dashboard?

Hello sbyron,

I have had to do this a few times also for similar reasons.  The basic change is as follows:

1.  Open a web browser and navigate to http://dashboard.meraki.com

2.  Login with the 'owners' email address address and password (The email address used during network setup).

3.  Navigate to Network-wide > Alerts and remve any legacy email addresses so previous admins don't continue receiving network alerts.

4.  Navigate to the top right hand conrner click "my profile".  This page allows you to configure User Account Information.

5.  Change the email address to that of the new owner.  The e-mail address entered here MUST be one never previously associated with the organization.

6.  Double check the new email address to ensure accuracy.

7.  Click "Chane Email"

8.  For security reasons, a passworkd reset is recommended.  This is found below, under "Change Your Password."

9.  Click "Update" at the bottom of the page.

10.  Retrieve new Meraki password via automatically generated email sent to the recently added email address.

This is pretty much the "text book" way to do it.  I have discovered a few issues and nuances with this however.  Feel free to reach out if you have any issues and I will be more than happy to take a look at it with ya.  Smiley Happy

7 REPLIES
Building a reputation

Hello sbyron,

I have had to do this a few times also for similar reasons.  The basic change is as follows:

1.  Open a web browser and navigate to http://dashboard.meraki.com

2.  Login with the 'owners' email address address and password (The email address used during network setup).

3.  Navigate to Network-wide > Alerts and remve any legacy email addresses so previous admins don't continue receiving network alerts.

4.  Navigate to the top right hand conrner click "my profile".  This page allows you to configure User Account Information.

5.  Change the email address to that of the new owner.  The e-mail address entered here MUST be one never previously associated with the organization.

6.  Double check the new email address to ensure accuracy.

7.  Click "Chane Email"

8.  For security reasons, a passworkd reset is recommended.  This is found below, under "Change Your Password."

9.  Click "Update" at the bottom of the page.

10.  Retrieve new Meraki password via automatically generated email sent to the recently added email address.

This is pretty much the "text book" way to do it.  I have discovered a few issues and nuances with this however.  Feel free to reach out if you have any issues and I will be more than happy to take a look at it with ya.  Smiley Happy

New here

Wow, thank you very much for the detailed reply!

Building a reputation

You're welcome!  Glad to help.

Conversationalist

Hi MerakiJockey505,

Thanks for providing this step-by-step for how to transfer ownership in the Meraki dashboard as we have found ourselves having to do this a few times recently.  Do you know if this process will also update the Meraki Customer Number (MCN#) associated with the Meraki org?  We were wondering if there was easy way to also get the MCN# updated to diassociate it from our company.

Thank you,

A.J. DiLorenzo

Meraki Employee

Hi @adilorenzo,

The MCN remains after transfer. This can be changed by either creating a case with support or calling directly while performing this transfer explained by @MerakiJockey505.

Conversationalist

Hi @MauH,

Thanks a lot for your quick response and letting us know this!  This gives us a lot better understanding around how this process works.

A.J.

A model citizen

@MauH

Great Thread - Highly recommend this is documented properly by Meraki!

---

For any others coming here for information, the only thing to mention is that your cases are linked to your Meraki Customer Number (MCN#) so until this is changed whoever you have given access to will have full access to any Help->Cases until this is changed.

Thank you,
Peter James