cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling devices or an entire network

Here to help

Disabling devices or an entire network

We think it would be helpful to be able to disable a particular device or even an entire network using the Meraki Dashboard.

Use of this feature would be limited to where a customer was in breach of our terms and conditions, specifically not paying the monthly amount for the managed service (including the rental of the devices concerned).

Is there any support for such a feature amongst other MSP's here.

Do you have any suggestions as to how we can effectively disable a device using the dashboard as it is?

3 REPLIES
Kind of a big deal

Re: Disabling devices or an entire network

You just move the device out of the network. To enable it move it back into the network.
Head in the Cloud

@PhilipDAthwrote:
You just move the device out of the network. To enable it move it back into the network.

AKA - "doing the hokey cokey"

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

I'm sure you could probably pretty easily throw in a firewall rule to do this as well.  No idea if something like this would work but it should shut down their internet.  Or could also maybe do something on the switches pretty easily if they are L3.  Source would be clients LAN destination internet. I'm just not sure if this would stop the devices from talking to the Meraki cloud as well.  Hopefully the Meraki devices are smart enough to not do that but I've never tested it. 

Capture.PNG

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.