cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectwise and Meraki

Kind of a big deal

Connectwise and Meraki

I see Cisco have announced a new Connectwise product called "ConnectWise Unite" that supports ConnectWise and Meraki integration for MSPs.  I have requested more info from ConnectWise on it.  Being an announcement from Cisco, I'm worried there might be more "fluff" and "substance".

https://newsroom.cisco.com/press-release-content?type=webcontent&articleId=1892547

Has anyone seen or heard anything about this?  Specifically seen it actually working?

5 REPLIES
Meraki Employee

Re: Connectwise and Meraki

Hey Phillip,

From what I could uncover the Connectwise Unite product uses the Meraki API and other methods to manage and monitor the Meraki side of the solution on the Connectwise platform. I've just seen the demo so far. More details are coming soon.

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

I've actually tried it out now.  No pricing is available at the moment.  I've attached a few screenshots.  It seems to provide what is needed for automated MSP billing.

pastedImage.pngpastedImage (1).png

Here to help

How did you get on testing this Phil?

I received an unsolicited call from ConnectWise last week so they are obviously casting about.  I don't think it's suited for the scale of business we have here, so for now at least I have set it aside.

Kind of a big deal

It seems to work fine.  I would only use it as a billing engine, not for providing support (they seem to be trying to add other non-billing things into it).

It is bested suited to clients where things are a bit more dynamic.

If you have a simpler billing regime where the customer tends to get charged the same amount and it doesn't vary much then there wont be much benefit to it.

Having said that - I still don't know what ConnectWise will be charging for this product.  If it is cheap enough then I guess you could use it no matter what.

Getting noticed

Hello all

I opened a free Connectwise Unite trial after the announcement and tested it out with my Meraki dashboard by syncing API keys. Seems to work as Philip mentioned. No real life use for us a distributor of Cisco & Meraki but nice to test out new tools.