Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Emails missing Organisation Name - Would like a sensible change applied

SOLVED
A model citizen

Alert Emails missing Organisation Name - Would like a sensible change applied

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for the alert feature!

But the current template needs changed for those who manage a magnitude of networks with the same/similar names

E.g.
"5 access points on the {Mr Smith} network have become unreachable from the Meraki cloud. ..."

"2 access points on the {Mr Smith} network have become unreachable from the Meraki cloud. ..."

"3 access points on the {Mr Smith} network have become unreachable from the Meraki cloud. ..."

should be:

"5 access points on the {Organisation1}:{Mr Smith} network have become unreachable from the Meraki cloud. ..."

"2 access points on the {Organisation2}:{Mr Smith} network have become unreachable from the Meraki cloud. ..."

"3 access points on the {Organisation3}:{Mr Smith} network have become unreachable from the Meraki cloud. ..."

Admittedly I could elaborate the network names, but then the UI gets a bit clunky. E.g. "Organisation1 - Mr Smith Network".

I have made a Wish, but I fear it might have got stuck going down the well.

Thank you,
Peter James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
A model citizen

Re: Alert Emails missing Organisation Name - Would like a sensible change applied

Just renamed all my network names...shouldn't have had to do that!

Thank you,
Peter James

4 REPLIES 4
Kind of a big deal

Re: Alert Emails missing Organisation Name - Would like a sensible change applied

Ignore me... It's Monday morning and I haven't had my morning coffee yet Smiley Sad

Kind of a big deal

@PeterJames I have made this wish many times, and mentioned it to many Cisco Meraki people.  It surely has to be a straight forward things to do.

We have ended up having to prefix every client network with a client identifier.

A model citizen

@PhilipDAth Yes, I may take the same route.

I have kind of given up asking for changes. In person / Make a Wish / making it sound like a bug - If its not a sales improvement its unlikely to happen.

A model citizen

Just renamed all my network names...shouldn't have had to do that!

Thank you,
Peter James

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.