Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Emails missing Organisation Name - Would like a sensible change applied

SOLVED
Highlighted
A model citizen

Alert Emails missing Organisation Name - Would like a sensible change applied

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for the alert feature!

But the current template needs changed for those who manage a magnitude of networks with the same/similar names

E.g.
"5 access points on the {Mr Smith} network have become unreachable from the Meraki cloud. ..."

"2 access points on the {Mr Smith} network have become unreachable from the Meraki cloud. ..."

"3 access points on the {Mr Smith} network have become unreachable from the Meraki cloud. ..."

should be:

"5 access points on the {Organisation1}:{Mr Smith} network have become unreachable from the Meraki cloud. ..."

"2 access points on the {Organisation2}:{Mr Smith} network have become unreachable from the Meraki cloud. ..."

"3 access points on the {Organisation3}:{Mr Smith} network have become unreachable from the Meraki cloud. ..."

Admittedly I could elaborate the network names, but then the UI gets a bit clunky. E.g. "Organisation1 - Mr Smith Network".

I have made a Wish, but I fear it might have got stuck going down the well.

Thank you,
Peter James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
A model citizen

Re: Alert Emails missing Organisation Name - Would like a sensible change applied

Just renamed all my network names...shouldn't have had to do that!

Thank you,
Peter James

4 REPLIES
Kind of a big deal

Re: Alert Emails missing Organisation Name - Would like a sensible change applied

Ignore me... It's Monday morning and I haven't had my morning coffee yet Smiley Sad

Kind of a big deal

@PeterJames I have made this wish many times, and mentioned it to many Cisco Meraki people.  It surely has to be a straight forward things to do.

We have ended up having to prefix every client network with a client identifier.

A model citizen

@PhilipDAth Yes, I may take the same route.

I have kind of given up asking for changes. In person / Make a Wish / making it sound like a bug - If its not a sales improvement its unlikely to happen.

A model citizen

Just renamed all my network names...shouldn't have had to do that!

Thank you,
Peter James