vMX100 join clients to self-managed domain in Azure

MMarhaba
Conversationalist

vMX100 join clients to self-managed domain in Azure

Hi All.

Glad to join the community, Hope you are keeping well. 

My name is Mohammad Marhaba - Global IT Infrastructure Manager. we have more than 40 sites in 14 countries currently connected to Meraki and expanding. 

I am working on a pilot project; part of it is to decommission on-premise servers were possible, and to implement self-managed domain in Azure connected to AAD. 

Have anyone implemented a self-managed domain in Azure? How was you experience in joining on-premise clients through S2S VPN? (Meraki MX84 on-premise and vMX100 virtual appliance in Azure)
The connection is working smoothly ( Allow Any-Any from both ends) DNS is fine as well (ping replies through IP and DC name)
The challenge re RPC server not available during the remote domain join attempts.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mohammad
3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>The challenge re RPC server not available during the remote domain join attempts.

Why would it not be available?  That should work fine.

Thank you Philip, 

> Why would it not be available?  That should work fine.

That what confuses me! Port query returned with port 135 filtered while vMX+ NSG + Win Server FW is allowing Any-Any from both ends. 

I have reached out to MS support - will share the how-to accordingly. 

Thanks, 

MM

MMarhaba
Conversationalist

Domain join was successful - there was L7 FW rule blocking port 135. 

port query was helpful in RCA. 

Thanks, 

MM 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.