Pleased to meet you all

EliteCommander
Here to help

Pleased to meet you all

Hello, I'm a technician in an academy on the outskirts of London, England. My previous position, where I first came across Meraki was in a primary school, but now I've upgraded to an academy with both a Primary and Secondary provision. I used the Meraki MDM to deal with iPads at the last school, so had minimal dealings with the company, but the new school has a pretty large Meraki-only wireless footprint, so I'm learning quickly on the job. I hope for a little fun, and some expert advice to help me learn more about the networking aspects of my role. I used to be part of one of the best Paintball teams in the UK back before my knees stopped working properly. I'm a big SF fan, both books and films as well as the occasional Graphic Novel.

6 REPLIES 6
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @EliteCommander , welcome to the community.

Im also based in the UK, albeit in the South West but we have clients spread throughout.

We find that Meraki really fits well into schools and especially Academies as the dashboard allows admins to work across numerous sites.  Makes troubleshooting much simpler.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Welcom @EliteCommander I'm also UK based, in Buckinghamshire, so depending on what outskirt of London, either quite near or not so!  Let us know what you'd like to know and we'll do our best to help!

East London, Essex border, so the wrong side, but I have family in Berks, so know a little of that area.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@EliteCommander : Welcome to the community !

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

Thank you, seems like a nice place so far.

KRobert
Head in the Cloud

@EliteCommander  , Welcome to the community! It is one of the best and you wont be let down by any of the superstar Meraki community members! There are some great school/academic articles on the customer success page. Check it out if you are interested. https://meraki.cisco.com/customers/pfisd/

CMNO, CCNA R+S
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.