I'm Nash!

Nash
Kind of a big deal

I'm Nash!

Might as well start off the way I do in real life.

I work at a generalist IT company in Missouri, in the VAR/MSP chunk. We have been Cisco/Meraki partners for a while, and we focus heavily on Meraki for our MSP clients. 

I was ready to be a CLI jockey for my entire career, then I got introduced to the Meraki Dashboard API. Right now, I function as the Meraki SME at the office, script everything I can for both Meraki and Cisco (using netmiko mostly) equipment, and write a lot of documentation. My current goal is to apply best practices to as many clients as I can, while doing as little manual work as possible.

Experience-wise, I've been working with Meraki equipment as long as I've worked in IT So 3 years now. I've been automating Meraki with Python for about 18 months. Python is my sixth? seventh? programming language, so that helped.

I was actually on the Meraki podcast back in September, talking about the API, with the world's worst allergies. I mentioned a script I was working on, to check Meraki equipment for static vs. dhcp addresses... Then I wrote it.

Fun fact: I crocheted wire sharks? It is bad on your hands. I also enjoy singing punk songs like they're arias, which my partner does not enjoy, and I've spent too much time lately playing Oxygen Not Included.

3 REPLIES 3
MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

(This is the podcast episode in case anyone is curious!)

Meredith W | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) New to the community? Get started here
Nash
Kind of a big deal

Don't record podcasts when you're trying to not start hacking every other word, oh my gosh. I dearly hope Simon didn't spend ages editing out my "subtle" grabs for my water bottle or shaky body, haha!

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I loved the wire shark @Nash !

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.