Hi there, hello from Egypt

AhmedElsayyed
Here to help

Hi there, hello from Egypt

==> A bit about yourself & your work : 

- My name is Ahmed A.Baky , i 'm 28 years old ,  I'm Cisco Pre-Sales Engineer at Metra Computer LLC 

• Work with a sales team to identify, gather requirements for solutions, and draft proposals.
• Provide pre-sales support to Account Executives, and Service Executives.
• Design solutions and plan implementations with the sales team and customer.
• Translate business needs into technology specifications.
• Serve as a technical authority for networking and related technologies.
• Configure hardware and software in support of solution deployments.
• Provide technical mentoring and development to other team members.
• Stay current with new technologies and innovations and recommend adoption of new technologies.
• Maintain certifications relevant to job role and as required by Cisco partnership requirements.
• Perform technical presentations, scope(s) of work, Bill(s) of Material for customers, partners and prospects.
• Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
• Analyze needs of the Sales team and create supporting documentation, or tools, to better equip the team in the sales.
• Design solutions that include redundant connectivity in a complex networking infrastructures.
• Ability to research product specifications and make section based on stated goals.

==> What you're hoping to gain from the community? 

- i have learned something ...No matter how much someone reaches his knowledge ( in no way have we been brought of knowledge except a little)...

==> A fun fact about yourself 

- i have a farm and i raise animals ( Cows , sheep , chickens, dogs )  

6 REPLIES 6
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Hello @AhmedElsayyed  I would love to go to Egypt and visit. It is on my list and you must be so lucky to live in such a historical place. Welcome to the community.

Enthusiast

Wlc @kYutobi  When you intend to visit Egypt connect with me before u come . i will host u and We will visit all places 🙂 

Egypt, I was there in 2018 and 2014! Beautiful country with a very interesting history.

Welcome to the community!

Thx, My dear 🙂 

HKillam
New here

Salam Ailakum!

Ahmed, I'm hoping you have a miracle for me.

I am from Canada, living in Cairo for a couple months.   The boss told the whole team to work from home.  I picked a new home.  

The problem is, that I need to connect through VPN to my company.  It seems that the protocols here in Egypt are blocking me.  (We use Cisco Meraki, and I've connected from a few different countries).  A friend of mine uses AnyConnect, and he can connect his VPN.  It doesn't seem like I can download AnyConnect directly from the website.  Is it hopeless?  Do you have a miracle for me?

Heather

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@HKillam I believe you need a business ISP connection.  We use another vendors equivalent of Meraki's autoVPN connecting Egypt to the UK and in general it works well.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.