Please introduce yourself!

GoCaroline
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

Please introduce yourself!

Welcome to the community for Meraki Go users. We hope you use this community to troubleshoot issues and learn from each other.

We'd love to meet our members. Please click Reply below to tell us who you are and how you are using Meraki Go.

Cheers!

34 REPLIES 34
GoCaroline
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

I'll start. I'm Caroline, the community manager for the Meraki Community (covering both our enterprise product line and Meraki Go). When I'm not working, I love spending time with my two small kiddos, riding my bike around San Francisco, and getting up to the mountains as much as possible.

Kiddos & Caroline @ the zoo!Kiddos & Caroline @ the zoo!

Shayron
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

I'm Sharon, a team member working on Meraki Go. I like swimming, singing, and sushi.

Nice to meet you!

jc
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi, my name is June and I'm on the Product Marketing team at Meraki. In my spare time, I enjoy trying new restaurants, snowboarding, and traveling. 

Here I am presenting at a very important business meeting on Halloween.

dino.JPG

AndrewX
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

Hi! I am Andrew, one of the Meraki Go Support Team members that will be helping with questions you have about the Go products. 

When I am not at work, I enjoy playing hockey and taking my dog, Valkyrie, to the park and on hikes.

Here is a picture of Valkyrie getting ready to head to the office in the morning.

IMG_0028.JPG

btd1967
Conversationalist

Hello,

My name is Brian, I work for a small MSP in Cincinnati Ohio.

Manuel-MBC
New here

Hello Caroline and all !...

I'm Manuel Bouyssou owner of a small IS&T company, MBC-MB Consult based in Paris France mainly focused on Apple support, maintenance, training and networking. Member of the Apple Consultant Network (or similar) since... 2006. Former Apple Europe staff member among other things, I definitely miss the Bay Area. Cheers from Paris !

Precursor
Conversationalist

I have become more aware of Meraki Go through the efforts of the Apple Consultants Network and would like to take the training they talked about at https://community.meraki.com/t5/Training/bg-p/acc-training

But it seems I don't have access yet.

@Precursor - you should have access to the training now! Let us know if not!

Ty_Davison
Conversationalist

Hi! I'm Ty Davison, an Apple Consultants Network member based out of Salem, Oregon. Our company, MacAtoZ, deals exclusively with Apple and Apple-related gear as we help residential and small business clients. We're particularly interested in Meraki Go as an affordable solution for these folks.

Goodlovesa
Here to help

I work as an IT at a hotel that uses a meraki device

Cheers,

Segara w

AHerde
Conversationalist

Hi,

my name is Andreas Herde.

I am working in the network design and engineering department of EY.

I gathered Meraki experience throughout the last year. Very interesting to learn what is possible and how easy to implement and to manage it.

Fun fact: I am keen on quizzing and so I am playing on national and international tournaments!

Bye for now 

Andreas

dklong
Conversationalist

Hi

I'm David working in Canary Wharf London's Docklands.

DACC Europe is an established business of some 23 years designing/installing network infrastructure. We are new to Cisco as we expand our offerings so just beginning our journey, and we are thoroughly looking forward to the whole experience!!

VibrantMuse
Conversationalist

Good evening I am Ron Hall, an Apple Consultants Network member based out of New York City and Montreal Canada Bonjour. Vibrant Muse, Ltd is our Base of operations in the USA. Very glad to be part of a great partnership between Apple and Cisco. We use exclusive Cisco components of all networks of our clients.

StuKoalaIT
Getting noticed

Hi,

I'm Stu, an IT Consultant working for Koala IT in Oxfordshire. We support local schools with everything IT related, Wifi installs, IWB's, iPads, Servers etc. I have been using Unifi products in the past but am starting to introduce Meraki kit into my schools for ease of use and reliability.

Also a keen motorcyclist and general outdoor enthusiast.

Cheers

dklong
Conversationalist

Must be something about Meraki and motorbikes. I just bought a Ducati 1200R 🙂 Weather looks set fair for the weekend too. Happy days
COT
Conversationalist

Hi, I'm Chris and am a member of the Apple Consultants Network. I am based in Havertown, PA and have clients across the country. I'm looking to get involved with the current relationship between Meraki and the ACN community. When not at work I try to spend time camping and mountain biking!

Datasurfer1
Conversationalist

Hi, I'm also named Chris and I am based in the Philadelphia area. I can not access the training https://community.meraki.com/t5/Training/bg-p/acc-training

HBTS
Conversationalist

Hi Hugh Blanchard. I run a small Apple Consultancy named HB Technology Solutions. When not assisting the small business customer base we support, I can be found doing anything outdoorsy and non technology related: hiking, mountain biking, surfing, etc.

Optimas
Just browsing

Hello my name is David Williams i'm new to the meraki world i want to know more about the MX series devices...in terms of reliability and cost effectiveness.

I've been working in the Information technology filed for more than a decade and the meraki devices intrigue me..anyone can feel free to enlighten me, thanks in advance  

@Optimas wrote:

Hello my name is David Williams i'm new to the meraki world i want to know more about the MX series devices...in terms of reliability and cost effectiveness.

I've been working in the Information technology filed for more than a decade and the meraki devices intrigue me..anyone can feel free to enlighten me, thanks in advance  

Hi @Optimas and welcome to the Meraki Community!

This area of the community is actually for Meraki Go, Meraki's WiFi solution for small business. To learn more about the MX product and ask any questions, please take a look at the MX discussion board.

Cheers!

Drew_T
Conversationalist

My name is Andrew Tyler.  I work for Kelser Corp., a professional services firm in Glastonbury, CT.  I have been working with Meraki products for years now and it has been a wonderful and valuable experience.  I obtained my CMNA from Meraki a few weeks ago and I do strongly recommend the training.  The certification will get you some hands on equipment and give you some additional insight into advanced features that you probably would not have otherwise used (especially the cameras).  Best of luck to all!

Andrew Tyler, CISSP #533197

VSH123
Conversationalist

Hi All,

My name is Vince.

I’ve used Meraki products since they were called Meraki (no pre-fix). 

My first MDM product was Meraki Systems Manager.

I’ve used Macs since Jan1984.

We are pleased to work with Cisco Meraki as part of the Apple Consultant’s Network.

DysonAssociates
Comes here often

Hi All,

My name is Mark. I'm a member of the Apple Consultants Network in Brighton & Hove UK offering a full range of services. I've been working with Apple Products since 1988 but new to Cisco Meraki, so keen to learn new tricks and get Certified.

I'm into outdoor pursuits and follower of Leeds Utd football club.

Cheers!

MattL320
Comes here often

My name is Matt. I live in the Pacific Northwest. I have used the Meraki Enterprise product to manage full stacks in the past, but I am in need of a Meraki Go certification for my job and really excited to learn more about the Go product offerings. I am a software developer with a lot of past experience managing Microsoft networks. 

Cheers --

“Everyday life is like programming, I guess. If you love something you can put beauty into it.”
VibrantMuse
Conversationalist

Good morning Matt

Thanks, Vibrant Muse, Ltd - (Ron Hall)
Been a member of Apple Consultant Network since 2000. I hold many Apple, Pro Audio, JAMF, and Cisco certifications. The main thrust of the business is Apple products, workflows (Servers, Cloud, and MDM services), Pro Audio clients, large storage, and networking.
Willing to travel anywhere help is required. The main travel area is USA and Canada. I just returned from a project in Anguilla.

WayneNelson
Conversationalist

Hello all, I’m Wayne Nelson, I have a small Apple Consultant business in Charleston, SC.  I have been a Mac guy since 1984, and after working in business, I decided I wanted to do something that I am truly passionate about, namely Macs and The Apple ecosystem.

I enjoy all things Southern, college football, Go (Clemson)Tigers!, food, climate and friendly folks.

btw, I can’t seem to access the ACN training.  I’d sure appreciate a little assistance when you can get to me!

Cheers!

Emily_Boettcher
Comes here often

Hello All! I am Emily Boettcher. I am just starting to work with my dad, Wayne Nelson, as an Apple Consultant. I am in the process of finishing up my ACN requirements and looking forward to learning more! 

Also, I would like a little assistance in being able to access the Meraki training for the ACN requirements please. 

Thank you and nice to meet everyone!

Emily

Bhatley
Conversationalist

Hello, I am the technical director for a small community theatre and we just added a GX20 to our network to see if we want to upgrade the rest of our network to Meraki.

AHerde
Conversationalist

Hello,

I am Andreas. Working in IT Design & Engineering. In my spare time I do a lot of quizzing.

Nice to meet all of you

MBritt
Just browsing

I am an IT Consultant and am interested in Merkari products for some of my small businesses.

mirko991
New here

Good evening everyone,

We are a small Italian hotel that uses Cisco Meraki products with great satisfaction.
It is a pleasure to be a part of this forum.

Cheers!

VibrantMuse
Conversationalist

Good evening

Vibrant Muse, Ltd is a Certified Apple consultant, working in the following disciplines Pro Audio (recording studios and touring), HIPPA, Hotels, and general small to medium businesses. We deploy, help and train clientele or workflows, business productivity workflows, installation, MDM deployment, and training. We deploy Cisco Meraki and Cisco Meraki GO, and Apple / Cisco MDM. willing to travel USA, Canada, and Islands.

Ron 🙂

Jim-retiredIT
Comes here often

My name is Jim retired AA IT - I have been using Meraki-Go for over a year which supports a small consulting business my wife started last year.

Bob_Moore
New here

Hello Meraki People. I'm Bob Moore

I have a GX-20 that I'm having trouble setting up.

The environment is There is a Static Internet connection From a Fiber ONT. Then there is the Meraki GX-20. Then there is a TP-Link Archer 7.

I can't change the ONT. The GX-20 was set to Static IP and the TP-Link was also set to Static and It is also the DHCP Server. The GX-20 has the DHCP turned off. The ONT has no DHCP.

I must be doing something wrong because I just can't seem to get the GX-20 to connect with the rest on the network..

Any assistance or guidance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bob