Please introduce yourself [Aug 2017 - Feb 2019]

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please introduce yourself [Aug 2017 - Feb 2019]

UPDATE: We've archived this post and created a new space for introductions here.

Welcome to the Meraki Community. We are excited to provide this forum as a place for our customers and partners to interact with us and with each other. We’d love to get to know you.

Reply to this thread to let us know who you are, what you do, what expertise you have to share, what you may be looking for in this community, your hobbies… anything you’d like. Just hit that first big green "Reply" button below to get started.

Pro tip: when replying, you may wish to UNCHECK the "Email me when someone replies" checkbox (screenshot below). This thread is popular and you might not want an email each time someone posts on it!

email-replies.png

We look forward to meeting you!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
744 REPLIES 744
Larrman113
Conversationalist

Hello, my name is Larry Darnell. We are putting in some new equipment in a new building and we believe we are going with the best technology. I have been using Cisco equipment for over 10 years and we are excited to get to use Meraki tech too. I am sure I will have something valuable to contribute once we have finished setting it all up in the next few weeks.

cxlinkmjb
Conversationalist

Spoiler
swagplease

Hello,

My name is Matthew Bates, I am the IT Manager at Connexta, in the hot and sunny state of Arizona.

We are using Cisco Meraki Systems Manager for Mobile Device Management, so we have some experience there if anyone needs help.

Check out our website Connexta and the Codice Foundation open source software that we support, DDF and Alliance

#swagplease

Was always interested in mobile device management, will definitely keep you in mind if we ever deploy it!

RLEWIS
New here

Hello,

I'm Rick  I work as a network Engineer for Potter County  in Texas.

We use Meraki access Points on a Cisco Network.  

BradMac
Conversationalist

Hi, I'm Brad the lone IT guy at a small non-profit out in Southern Utah. I have slowly been able to completely integrate Meraki products into our network starting with the Free AP. I love the products. I am happy to have this new resource to help me learn more about the products and features.

Edvan
New here

Hello Meraki Community.

Ed here, Sys Admin for MSP company based in BC.

billo
New here

I've been using Meraki stuff since 2012 I think, at the small medical practice I support, and at a couple of companies I started, and also at home. I really love the software, it's such a nice refuge from the terrible embedded stuff that has existed on network equipment since forever. 

Cheers,

Bill

Jeromyengineer
New here

New in here and looking for a step by step guide/pdf of steps to follow when remote sites go down! Or important information to check through the GUI such as which pages to check first when troubleshooting an issue.

NeoBiggs
Conversationalist

Hey everyone!

Network Admin for Batteries Plus Bulbs. Q1 - 2018 we are going full Meraki at our Corporate Headquarters/Datacenter and a possible Meraki implementation to our 700+ retail locations in the next year or two. I look forward to working with the technology and the community!

Keson
New here

Hi,

I am Keson, an ISO and Network Manager.  I have been using Meraki for quite a few years, before it came to Cisco.  I love the product, and most of all the support model.  Now with the community, I like it even better because I believe in the wisdom of the crowd and the sharing spirit.  Imagine a world without googling, web surfing, online communities!  Anything one looks for, or experienced, someone else had the same ideas and perhaps tried before. Wisdom is shared so freely and informative.

Keson

Cid
New here

New to meraki, but not new to networks.

amurphy
Conversationalist

Hi everyone.  I'm Andrew Murphy.  I work for Stephenson Equipment Inc.  We use Meraki gear to connect our networks.  I'm a big fan of the dashboard and the training that Meraki and it's partners give out.  It's a great way to get into Network/Firewall/Routing without having to know the full code.

Jason-Jerrys
Conversationalist

Hello All,

I am the network administrator for a large auto dealer group here in Northern Virginia.  I have worked with Meraki for many years now and loving it.  I have 3 firewalls 10 switches and 50+ wireless APs. 

Jason

NCS_Comm
Here to help

Hello All,

Good to see so many people and from all over the World 🙂

I'm Nick, and I live in the Cariboo region of British Columbia, Canada.

Currently work for a Mining company and have Meraki Security Appliances. (but would love to manage Meraki devices for someone working from home 🙂 )

I have deployed and managed an entire system of Merkai equipment in previous company (Switches, Firewall, AP).

Love the equipment and try and use it when ever i can.

Lets keep up the good work 🙂

Cheers

Jason-Jerrys
Conversationalist

Hello All,

I am the network administrator for a large auto dealer group here in Northern Virginia.  I have worked with Meraki for many years now and loving it.  I have 3 firewalls 10 switches and 50+ wireless APs. 

Jason

MatthewC
New here

Hi all,

I'm an IT technician and network/systems engineer with a print company based out of Scotland. We're full Meraki stack for networking (multiple MX, MS and MR across many sites), and we're pretty happy with it. We transitioned from an aging standard Cisco stack (ISR+Catalyst network, disorganised wifi and access switches).

snafumaster
Conversationalist

Hi, All!

My name is Matthew, friends call me Matty.  I'm the Director of IT for a smallish, but national AV and Computer rentals company.  We're getting ready to open our 10 location soon.  Cisco shop, but I've been integrating and moving towards Meraki, and very happy about that.

Looking forward to this community for the same reason I am happy to be expanding my Meraki footprint...I like to do it myself when I can, but sometime, you just need a little help.  I hope I can share what I've learned as well!

My 'handle' was given to me years ago by an online friend and it suits me well...I love to fix messed up stuff.

Bearded_Dozer
Here to help

Name is Bryan, I work for a heavy equipment distributor in Central Illinois. We have a total of 16 branches spanning 5 states. I'm their Network Engineer and master of magic. Was first introduced to Meraki when I was hired for my position and have enjoyed learning all the ins and outs of the dashboard. 

Looking forward to interacting with everyone in forums. 

Kevlar
Conversationalist

Hi all,

Kevin here. I'm a systems/network admin here in the United States for Pioneer Balloon. We make latex and foil balloons and have about 10 sites across the US. We use Cisco for our switching and Meraki MX boxes and Meraki access points. The Meraki infrastructure has made it easier to manage our sites remotely for sure. It's great to be able to handle issues from anywhere and see what's going on at our sites.

Also been using the teleworker gateways for people who work from home a large percentage of the time. Has made it so much easier to support them.

swagplease

Lookinup
Conversationalist

Hi everyone,

I am Jim and new to Meraki and this community. I hope to learn practical implementation and operational tips. We are looking to implement SD-WAN over the next 6-24 months (in stages). I am very involved in my church. I love to do anything that brings hope, life, love, healing and the knowledge of God to people.

SprintingTurtle
New here

Hi, my name is Derek and I work for a hospital that has been transitioning over to Meraki gear.  I am excited to be part of the community for learning from others as well as helping out when I can.

SAU
Conversationalist

Hi.

New here but I guess that does not need to be stated.

Greg Hodges, Network Admin at Saint Augustine's Univ. in Raleigh, NC

mookiefantana
Conversationalist

My name is Charlie Brawner.  I'm the Director of IT at Tweet/Garot Mechanical, a mid-sized mechanical contractor in Green Bay, WI.  In the past three years we have converted all of our network infrastructure to Meraki...firewalls, switches, WAPs.  We love it.  Also looking at Systems Manager in the near future.  I look forward to checking in with this community to answer FAQ's, concerns, etc.

Javier_Gonzalez
Conversationalist

Hi,

My name is Javier Gonzalez and I am a network engineer working in the Atlanta area.

Been a Meraki customer for about 3 years.

Don't usually have to contact support for Meraki products but it's nice to know a forum exists in case we ever have simple questions.

GlenW70
Here to help

Hi I'm Glen Warn and I'm a sr. network architect for Tommy Bahama (retailer) based in Seattle.  We operate ~160 stores and outlets in the US, Canada, & Puerto Rico.  We leverage Meraki MX, MS and MR devices at all of our retail locations and couple them with Cradlepoint devices for cellular backup.  Looking forward to working with community knowledge base.

leftshot
Here to help

Mark here.  I do everything from CIO to the guy under the desk for a 5 building active campus with 300-500 connected devices on a given day.  About 30-40% of my time is spent on IT and Meraki is one of the big reasons this is possible.

Spoiler
swagplease

I cover everything under the umbrella of IT for three sister companies with 10 sites in the field of aggregate mining and asphalt paving. Installing Meraki full stack has reduced my time spent on network configuration and troubleshooting. Love it!

Also, #swagplease

JohnKee
New here

Hello,

Just introducing myself... Im John Kee and I maintain a network of over 40 location that include two manufacturing plants and a corporate office. I may come on here from time to time to pick the brains of the community and to get my swag ; )

terrys-auto
Conversationalist

I am James and I work for a small automotive repair shop and parts store. Using our Meraki system has been great for limiting speeds on some computers while boosting it on others. 

ZachB4
New here

Hey, I'm Zach Bowman Sr SysAdmin for Lifestyle Communities. We've really liked the reliability and scalability of our Meraki equipment.

TLC
Conversationalist

Paul from Transcare here.  I deployed Meraki into our infrastructure about a year and a half ago and am so glad I did.

I love jumping through hoops for swag!  🙂  Looking forward to this being a valuable resource for supporting my Meraki environment. 

Dave
Getting noticed

I introduced myself way back on page 1.  Smiley Tongue

I'm glad to see so many new people joining the forum.   Welcome, all. 

#swagplease

JC-008
Conversationalist

Hi, my name is JC and I work as an IT Manager for a company that focuses on Clinical Research. I have implemented the Meraki stack in 2 separate companies and I love it! I have setup MXs, MSs, MRs, phones and the security cameras. The last two just for fun and to understand how they could be added to my IT roadmap later.

I am glad there is a proper community focused on Meraki now and we all can share experiences and challenges we have encountered while using this great technology.

mlewilkins
Conversationalist

Hi there!

My name is Emily and I'm the Account Manager for a small MSP in the DFW area. We are growing rapidly, thanks to the secure technologies Cisco allows us to support for our clientele. Huge fans!

#swagplease 🙂

Briang
Conversationalist

My name is Brian, I am fairly new to Meraki so I am excited to learn.

Bill, IT Director at the Piercey Automotive Group. We standardize on Meraki for our WIFI. Meraki makes a solid product starting to look at there switching deployed there switching at one location liking it so far like the quick intuitive interface.

KFite
New here

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for creating the Meraki Community to share experiences and to learn more about Cisco Meraki

Karen

micmcp
New here

Hello - I am Michael - a Meraki customer.  We have deployed switches, MX (for SD-WAN), WAPs and a few cameras.  We have a dozen locations covering the US and Canada.  We plan to deploy Z1 for home office users this winter.

MSKT
Conversationalist

Hey all. Matt with kicktech based out of Utah and Arizona. We are a longtime meraki customer and use SM,MX, and MR products.
FractalJedi
Here to help

Greetings from Alaska, this is Rich.  Been using Meraki appliances both in my day job and side jobs for a while now at a fairly novice level.  Hobbies include Photography, investing, woodworking and the latest is working with LED lighting for a broad range of functions to adding more light to the snow blower to mood lighting around the TV.  Lots of fun.   

NHHFA
Conversationalist

Hi, my name is Mitch. I am the Senior Network admin at a housing authority in NH. We use MX100 and Meraki wifi gear and are getting ready to replace our switching equipment with Meraki. I look forward to having a place to discuss Meraki based networking.

RichieRich
Conversationalist

Hello Everybody!!!!

HaywoodIT
Conversationalist

Hi, I am Joey Webb, Assistant Director of Technology and Communications for Haywood County Government. I am always looking for communities like this one for information. 

Spoiler
swagplease
RichieRich
Conversationalist

I hope to gain knowledge from you smart ladies and gents!!  #Ready

ScottR
Conversationalist

Howdy from Texas! I wish I could say I didn't really talk like that.

I'm Scott. Network Architect and IT Purchasing for Helen Farabee Centers in North Texas.

19 County Behavioral Health Authority. We also do some networking for adjacent BH Authority and an EHR partnership.

We are mainly Cisco Wireless, but we do have some Meraki.

How do I tag for the "swagplease" ?

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ScottR -

@ScottR wrote:

How do I tag for the "swagplease" ?

Welcome! See this topic to learn how to tag.

Cheers!

JT1
Conversationalist

Jeff from Maryland here! I'm an IT Manager for a small municipal government. I've been a long time user/supporter/promoter of Meraki products from way back in the day even before the Cisco acquisition. Fell in love with it from day 1 and never looked back.

Started with the free webinar AP and now own a full stack of Cisco Meraki products across 6 locations. The only think we don't have are the MV cameras. I'm hoping to deploy a few of those early in 2018. 

By all means send some free swag my way 🙂

Happy Holidays everyone!!

JacobScherb
New here

I'm Jacob Scherb, the IT Director at FitzMark -- a 3rd party logistics company in Indianapolis. 

Hi Everyone.  I am Maureen Lobmeyer, IT Consultant.  I have been using Meraki for about 5 years and love the products.  It enables me to work remotely and have the extra eyes and ears I need on the network.  Happy Holidays!

AlZ
Conversationalist

Hello everyone, I'm Al.

Network Engineer at Text 100 here in San Francisco.  We have 25 offices globally and have been switching from Cisco gear to Cisco Meraki.  Great to meet everyone.

#swagplease

RichieRich
Conversationalist

Richard Stinson

Techmer PM - TN

Network Admin

Alexander
New here

Hello!

My name is Alex.   just purchased Meraki APs and found out about this Community.

Hope to learn a lot from all you Meraki experts.

Thanks,

Alex

Rich
Conversationalist

My name is Rich Newton and I manage the network team at Tory Burch LLC.

MELadminIT
New here

IT Manager, Sys Admin, 1 stop shop. Love Meraki and use at remote sites and corporate location. We use MX, MR, and MS appliance. Would love to know why MX60 device has a hard time reconnecting a U340 AT&T beam device if the MX is rebooted. It is stuck trying to Connect and never says ready unless the USB is unplugged and then plugged back in. Other than that no issues with Meraki devices.

DaveVet
New here

System Admin, CCNA and really liking Meraki lately.

anyland
Conversationalist

Hi!

I am an IT Director for a locally owned and operated office supply/office furniture/retail business! Think Dunder Miflin but way cooler! Just jumped onto the Meraki bandwagon recently and am going whole hog. My previous role I was the IT manager for a publicly traded company with many offices throughout North America. We used Cisco exclusively for servers, phones and all networking gear. I went through two full equipment change overs there and it was pretty cool stuff. At my new job we are removing Cisco gear and replacing with all Meraki. Oh how things have changed!

I am loving the web dashboard and the wireless is rock solid. Happy to be a part of the community!

MikeFus
Conversationalist

Hello everyone!  My name is Mike, and I'm the Director of Business Affairs for a small private school in Harrisonburg, VA.  Areas of my responsibility include the Business Office, Technology Administration, Facilities Management and Crisis Management.  My career prior to this job was in IT, so that's still my primary passion and expertise... but in a small non-profit, we all wear many hats!

We migrated to Meraki beginning with the free Systems Manager, then quickly expanding to standardize our wireless on Meraki, and just in the last year we migrated our switches and firewall to Meraki.  We're finally under one unified platform for our network infrastructure!  We currently have 11 switches, 30 access points, and a MX100 security appliance.

I'm looking forward to taking advantage of the collective wisdom of other network admins through this forum.

BrianMcD
Conversationalist

Senior Network Administrator who deployed and manage a full stack of Meraki gear across 2 data centers and 70+ regional offices throughout the southeastern US.

I am happy to share my experience with the dashboard and MX, MS, MR, or MV configurations and management.

CMNO #1192

Lhaeo
Here to help

New to joining the community, but I've been a lurker for quite a while. I love Meraki products so much that I actually brag about them to IT friends in other businesses to try to convert them over.

Adrian Eilers
Bufordx10
Conversationalist

Hi all, I'm Andy, Systems and Support Manager for Egan a construction company in Minnesota. We love our Meraki gear.

THuemmer
New here

Hello Everyone!

My name is Thomas and I'm fairly new to deploying Meraki hardware. My job is to build IT departments from scratch for small companies that are growing rapidly - that entails anything from line of business applications (eCom, POS, OMS, etc)  to scalable IT infrastructure.

Meraki has made the infrastructure deployments a fun project for me. We are opening offices and stores around the globe and managing that operations with a small team is at times challenging. So I am happy to join a community of peers that I can surely learn a lot from.

Happy Holidays!

-T

Leaderbuilder
Conversationalist

Hello, 

I am new to this community.

The breadth of knowledge is encouraging!

Thank you,

Michael

Yortolio
Conversationalist

Troy here.

Network Engineer for FerrellGas, Propane retailer across US

deploy alot of MX firewall appliances at small branch offices, starting to deploy other stack elements elsewhere as well.

Thanks for the invite!

TecQC
New here

Hi All!

I am Pierre and I work as an I.T. Administrator for a manufacturing company.  We have nine sites and use all kind of Meraki equipment: firewalls, access points and switches.

Since we moved to Meraki, managing task is as different as day and night. Thumbs up Meraki!

hoober-np
New here

Hello! Nic here from Pennsylvania. I work in the internal IT department at an ag/heavy equipment dealer and service provider.

SA
New here

Hi Everyone. My name is Sam and I work in the IT team at New Zealand Rugby supporting both the professional side and the grassroots and game development side of our great sport.

clone13
Conversationalist

I am a compliance officer based out of Florida. Regulatory compliance os my day gig, working for several electronic music festivals and a on-air talent for a NPR affiliate is my night gig. #SwagPlease

pcarroll15
New here

Hello!

My name is Phil Carroll, we are a customer and fan of Meraki networking gear. I am in the processing of converting all our offices over to the meraki cloud. I look forward to participating in this community.

Oh Yeah...

“swagplease”*

gstarnes
Conversationalist

Hi,

I'm Greg, and I work for Families, Inc out of Arkansas.  I'm the I.T. Coordinator for the company.

Azzorak
New here

I am a network engineer, I have used Meraki for the last 5 years. 

AdamKaczala
Conversationalist

I am Adam Kaczala and work for Critical Mix as a Support Engineer. We love the visibility Meraki gear gives us!

TheoG
Conversationalist

Hello I'm Theo.  Long time Meraki user and fan.  I work in local gov and with all the features we gain from Meraki dashboard we can manage the network like the big boys.  Thx.

Bruce_Sayers
Here to help

Hello Everyone,

Kuga Electrical focuses on providing Energy Efficient Solutions to residential and business customers through the provision of LED lighting, Solar panels and storage.  We also provide a host of other electrical services across most of Australia.

Our sales teams use a variety of mobile devices, primarily iOS.  We use Meraki Systems Manager to remotely look after the 100+ devices we use. 

The main focus of my role is to find innovative technological solutions for Kuga that enhance our ability to grow and service our customers.

When I am not at work I am relaxing at home with my cat, guinea pigs and, occasionally, my daughter.

#swagplease

DUTCHITGUY
Conversationalist

Hello everyone in Meraki land.

Name: Ryan VanBeek

Position: CIO for CDP Holdings Group / Neighborhood Radiology Services / Long Island Radiology Associates

We have been a Meraki customer for approx. 2 years and have deployed many MX, MS, MR appliances to our entire environment including 7 locations and a data center co-lo.  we are looking forward to expanding into Azure with our new vMX appliance.  We have an overall positive experience with the Meraki products but sometimes wish they were a bit more robust. We have supplemented the network with Cicso CSR 1000v for 3rd party and client VPNs and have also found some workarounds with technical support for things like FLOW CONTROL and DataCenterBridging on our aggregate switches and stacked core switches.

In my spare time I enjoy expanding my home automation, playing with my 3 young daughters, and enjoying a nice dinner with my wife.  Time for golf would be nice as well but that ship has sailed!

Pleasure to make everyones acquaintance and look forward to a rewarding knowledge sharing experience.

Best regards,
Ryan (DUTCHITGUY)

ICTPro
Conversationalist

Charlie Chen, Member of Master of Business and Technology, UTS

An enthusiastic and dedicate IT leader with over 20+ years’ experience in successfully manage ICT strategy, operations, projects and programs. Possess excellent directing, coordinating ICT activities and stakeholder management skills. I have practical experience in developing and implementing IT infrastructure/system, improve business competitiveness and empowering operation efficiency. I am a confident, inspirational leader with the ability to develop strategic initiatives, build high performing teams and execute solid plans to deliver innovated business solutions to the organization. I also possess strong business acumen and has the ability to build long term business partnership with internal and external stakeholders. I have track record of aligning IT applications to the business objective.

Frank
New here

Hi, my name is Frank T and I am a Merakiholic.

I was lucky to test one MR18 some years ago and never looked back.

My experience with Meraki is, it simply works. All of it.

It might be that some settings are not "normal" and Cisco addicts will mostly scream and have difficulties to change over.

But for me, Meraki is the network life saver.

The only really bad thing about MX devices is the VPN set up on Windows. I guess there is much to improve.

Hope you keep going and invent more devices to put on your cloud.

Well done.

Thanks

Frank T

Shawn557
Conversationalist

Hi Everyone,

I am the network engineer responsible for all data/voice/security architecture at Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland Washington!

daniel__diaz
New here

Hello. Just an IT user of Meraki looking to add to my toolbox.

DaveF
New here

I'm Dave.  I'm a Sr Network Admin and we have Meraki switches, router/firewall, and WAPs deployed.

Brian_A
New here

I'm SysAdmin for an INGO and we currently have Cisco Meraki wireless and switches deployed in a few US based offices.

DominicMcGlinn
Conversationalist

G’day, Dom from the ATO. Small Cisco Meraki network around Australia helping out the taxation and super systems for all of Australia.  Cisco Meraki rocks.  

pinchgem
Conversationalist

Nathan, IT Manager - Meraki user and fan

davey
New here

Hi there

My name's Dave, IT generalist, I work in Melbourne Australia for a library service. We've got 9 libraries plus a Head Office. We've just deployed new Meraki APs to all locations and I'm loving the cloud management aspect. We may even go with Meraki switches, cameras and firewalls in future.

Regards

🙂

Mike81
New here

Hi All,  I'm Mike, I work for a IT Managed Services company as an Engineer.

Currently interested in further exploring SD-WANs and where they may fit in with our client's needs.

mindle
New here

Hello, 

Dan here. Technical Project Manager, using Meraki MR32 and 74 APs. We deploy them at sporting events around the country and world. 

Jacob
Conversationalist

Hello my name is Jacob. I work for UMASSMemorial Healthcare in Worcester, MA. We utilize Meraki for all our small Dr. office and remote facilities sites. I stay very busy with my family, especially my twin 4yr old girls.

Jay1
New here

Hi, My name is Jay and I am a network and Systems admin.  Just this year we replaced our ailing Meru wireless system with Meraki's wireless system. I have to say I am pleased with it so far but I have limited experience with Meraki up to this point. I am joining this community to try to pick up tips, tricks and technical solutions to any problems that arise.

So, I forgot to uncheck the Email me when someone replies box. Please, please, please, please tell me there is a way to undo this setting after it has posted.

So, I forgot to uncheck the Email me when someone replies box. Please, please, please, please tell me there is a way to undo this setting after it has posted.

Dave
Getting noticed

Yes.  Click on your username at the top left of the forum.  Click on My Subscriptions.  Find the post and remove it from your subscriptions. 

MarkatBHPi
Conversationalist

Hello Everyone..I work at BHPi in Downtown Detroit. We just put in a Meraki Wireless solution here about 6 months ago. We are loving it!!
DRussell
Conversationalist

Hi,  

I am David Russell.  I am the network architect for Dow Jones.

We have been using Meraki security appliances and APs for a couple of years and just rolled out our global regional hub solution using the BGP feature.

David 

JonZ
New here

IT Manager....Meraki user for the last 3 years. Love all the products, support, and sales staff.

Trisha
Here to help

Work in a small, 3 branch library, town where I am the IT department, so Meraki has been a blessing in disguise.  I am the IT person because I liked computers but 7 years later am I know so much more about computers, servers and networks, I think I am starting to find my place but still need loads of help.

Jay1
New here

I forgot to include in my introduction that I am in the Pittsburgh area.

CanYouPingIt
Conversationalist

Hey there! Name is Phil and I'm a Network admin in the twin cities area! Big fan of Cisco and Meraki gear!

Reza
Conversationalist

Hello,

I'm Reza and work in IT Financial Industry as a Network Engineer. I am please to be part of the Meraki community!!!!

JohnI
Conversationalist

Hello all,

I'm an IT professional in local government.  Our network is completely Meraki-Cisco based, and I have been using these products for years with great success.  I look forward to being a part of this community.

KMNEILL
New here

Hello Everyone, my name is Kevin Neill and I am the Information Security Analyst at my company Mosaic. We are a Non-Profit that provides supports for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities. We have over 30 locations in 10 states. We have MX appliances and MR AP's in all our locations as well as MS switches in quite a few. We have been a Meraki customer since 2011 and have loved the hardware as well as the features and functionality of the dashboard since we started. We look forward to continuing our relationship with the Meraki Family for years to come. 

jsilvius
Here to help

I'm James Silvius.

I've been a Technologist for over 25 years.

I achieved my CCNA R&S two years ago after being a Windows Server/Desktop engineer for most of my professional live. I am currently working aching the CCNP for R&S but my company switched to using Meraki gear this year so now I'm hoping that there will be a Meraki training scope so that I can continue to achieve certification for equipment that I am supporting. I look forward to getting help on issues that I run into and providing feedback about issues that others are having that I have already encountered.

#swagplease

mills
Conversationalist

Hi Everyone,

My name is Andrew Mills out of RealSelf in Seattle, WA. Very excited to learn more about the Meraki platform! 

ITHive
Conversationalist

Hello everyone - Chris here at ITHive.org - building an MSP that allows tech resources to be independent and profitable.

chrisz
Conversationalist

Hi, My name is Chris, I am the IT Manager for Scosche (pronounced skōsh), innovators of award-winning consumer technology and car audio products and accessories. We use a number of Meraki products in our buildings across the US. I personally love the ease of manageability and the insight and analytics it provides me to not only manage the equipment but to also be proactive on things.

Heath
Conversationalist

Hello, I am Heath, and I have been working on voice and data networking for 17 years. I enjoy working with the Meraki product and looking forward to a new site going in with all Meraki gear. Thank you for starting this community, I am sure it will come in handy soon. 

When I am not working with technology, I am hanging out with the kiddo, or the german shepherd pup. 

BigBadRanger
Conversationalist

I'm a network nerd located in Oregon, US with the responsibility of Meraki MS, MX, & MR in multiple locations around the US.  Replaced Cisco Wifi with Meraki about two years ago and am MUCH MUCH happier.  Big Meraki fan.

CMNO 111

#swagplease

CurtisB
Here to help

Hello Everyone,

My name is Curtis Bodin and I am a Manager, Inside Technical Sales at General Data Tech (GDT) a Cisco Gold Partner.  I am based out of our HQ located in Dallas, TX.  My job consists of managing a team of Inside Solution Architects, where we are responsible for the direct interaction with our Account Teams and Customers to assist in network designs, demos, quoting both hardware and professional services and well as the creation of Statement of Work documents.  We are constantly evolving to improve our service offerings and we strive to deliver Exceptional to every customer.

eakinj
Conversationalist

I'm Jonathan and I'm a consulting Network Engineer for an MSP.

We use Meraki wireless, security appliances and switches too!

Garlington
New here

Hello,

I am the sys admin for a medium sized law firm in Montana.  We have used Meraki products for several years and continue to integrate them into our systems. I'm always looking for new and better ways to make our systems function smoother. 

jbrotschul
New here

Hello everyone.  I'm Jeff Brotschul, currently working for a retail organization with 800 locations.  We have deployed the full meraki suite on our corporate locations (campus & branch), and meraki wireless in all retail locations.  Happy to share my experience and learn how others are doing with their meraki deployments.

ITHive
Conversationalist

Hello All,

I will introduce myself again - need to add the tag 

I work out of Canada and own a small MSP.  My long term goal is to create an IT work environment that would allow IT professionals to be successful and independent.

JeffWebb
Conversationalist

Hello Everyone,

I work at SW VA Higher Education Center in Abingdon, VA, and my title is CIO and Sr. Systems Engineer.  Since we are a relatively small IT shop, I'm really a jack of all trades, and the simplicity of the Meraki solutions is a great fit for me.  I have been a Meraki customer for several years now and am very pleased thus far.  I look forward to interacting with you all in the future.   

Sincerely,

Jeff

Ithotrod
Conversationalist

Hi I'm Robert,  I am the IT Manager for a Mercedes-Benz dealership group based in Regina Sk Canada  We use Meraki gear for all of our firewalls and AP's.

wkmiller
New here

Hello All!

I'm the CIO at a retail grocery chain in SoCal - Mothers Markets. Just starting to roll out a full Meraki stack @ our newest location. Replacing Sonicwall firewalls, HP switches and Cisco Autonomous Aironet AP's. Hope this will be a smooth transition. Looking forward to replacing them all if it works as advertised! Fingers crossed!

Wayne Miller

@wkmiller wrote:

HP switches

Wayne Miller

As someone who runs a full Aruba/HPE network, I am sad. But hey, to each their own!

BHC Resorts IT Department
roshangkr
Conversationalist

Hi All!

I am Roshan, Senior manager IT @ Evolvus Solutions. Glad that I found this forum to get the right information on Meraki MX84 as our vendors were misleading us. I hope this forum will help me to finalize the right product. 

Earl_onCape
Conversationalist

Hi,
My name is Earl Harmon, working out on Cape Cod for County Goverbnment, specifically tasked with "all things" network/computer related for the Town o Wellfleet ( think "oysters"), as well as other County related IT projects. Lovin our Meraki systems! ...beginning with our conversion to meraki wireless access points which magically ended all previous issues with wireless access throughout the town.
#swagplease

will trade swag for Stuffed Quahogs

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NFL0NR wrote:

will trade swag for Stuffed Quahogs

@NFL0NR - I just had to look up "Quahog" - picture below for the edification of others. Stuffed Quahogs sound delicious. Can they be mailed to San Francisco? 😀  

Photo Credit: Yachting MagazinePhoto Credit: Yachting Magazine

micmec
Conversationalist

Hi All,

Glad to see this community being launched. My name is Mike Cachine and I'm the CTO at the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children in Alexandria, Virginia. I've been a Meraki customer since before it was Cisco. Needless to say I'm a big fan of Meraki products and watching the technology evolve over the years. A great platform for organization's of all sizes, but especially for non profits which are short on IT resources and need to get the best return possible out of technology investments. Looking forward to interacting with you all.

- Mike

@micmec wrote:

I've been a Meraki customer since before it was Cisco.

- Mike

Glad to see I'm not the only one here since the MIT days!

BHC Resorts IT Department
jehernandez
Conversationalist

HI, my name is Julio Hernandez. I am net admin for a small engineering firm. We have over 30 offices and utilize the meraki lan switches, aps, and mx appliances. We mainly use a standard lan config set, mixed with a handful of site-to-site vpns.

When I am not at work, I spend time studying and playing with my 3yr old son. Mostly playing mini basketball, baseball, or building Robots and cars using our imagination with legos.

Tnoty3
New here

Hello All. Tony, Systems Engineer for Vector Choice Technology Solutions. 

tchixarro
New here

Hello everyone,

My name is Toby and I am the IT manager for a new car dealership and transportation company. I also do IT consulting for a few local small businesses. I'm very impressed with the meraki switches, APs, and UTMs I deployed in the field.  

AdminIT
Conversationalist

Duke here! Moved from MD to CO to play in the snow. Meraki is great, I'm a remote admin and it gives me full visibility of our network in DC.

#swagplease

Phill
New here

Hey All,

I'm Phill, I'm a Meraki customer and occasional unofficial evangelist.... some swag would help with that btw 🙂  

Cheers

Phill

🙂

svbc_david
Here to help

Greeting: Hello.

Name: David Carroll.

Meraki Desires: To learn from the best and to help where I can.

Education: HS Diploma and an A+ Certification from ECTC (not CompTIA).

Hobbies: Tinkering with computers and cars, playing games (PC - mostly through Steam), playing music (drums, bass, guitar), watching Sci-Fi movies and T.V. shows.

Additional Comments:

• I enjoy sharing information, but I appreciate concise organisation, hence the format of this post.
  • It's "normal" for I.T. people to be introverted, independent, and isolationist. However, I would like to encourage any of you who feel so inclined to send me an email. Consider this: what good is a network admin who doesn't network?
David Carroll | I.T. Associate, SVBC
Enjoy this post or find it helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the up-arrow below)
Steve_Guthrie
New here

My name is Steve Guthrie and I am the COO of Blue Ocean Technologies, Inc.  I am also a founder of the company.  We are moving as many customer as we can to Meraki, because nothing makes Hosted VoIP work better than a great network design!

Welcome, Steve! And I'll second that: a solid network design makes all the difference between a successful VoIP setup and a failed one!

David Carroll | I.T. Associate, SVBC
Enjoy this post or find it helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the up-arrow below)
Maui_Meraki_Dog
Conversationalist

Hi Everyone!

My name is Maui and I'm @Mr_IT_Guy's best friend in the whole wide world. I heard Ms. @CarolineS thought I should be on the board and so even though I'm still just a little nugget, my dad thought I could come in and say hello.

My hobbies include running through the house, running in the backyard, playing fetch with my dad, and sleeping in awkward places.

I am very grateful for the fun Meraki stuff you send @Mr_IT_Guy. It's very wa... what was that?! I heard a squeak! Did you hear a squeak. Brb....

...Couldn't find it. Oh well.. Thanks for all the help you give my dad! If it wasn't for all of you, I'm sure he would be going bonkers.

THERE IT IS AGAIN! GOTTA GO!!!

Hi @Maui_Meraki_Dog!! Welcome to the community!!
Yifeng
Here to help

Hello there,

This is the first forum I have joined. I am such unfamiliar with everything. I just click "Remove my email form Meraki community" accidentally and post my question in the wrong board. Hope by replying here can add my email back. Thank you. 

Best Regards,

Yifeng

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Yifeng -

@Yifeng wrote:

I just click "Remove my email form Meraki community" accidentally and post my question in the wrong board. Hope by replying here can add my email back.

Here are the steps to add back emails from the Meraki Community:

(1) Click on your name, then "My Settings"settings.png

(2) On the My Settings page, click Personal > Email, then make sure that "Don't send me any community emails" is uncheckedsettings-unsubscribe.png

Cheers! 

- Caroline

Got it, thanks a lot!
MikeIA
New here

Hello, my name is Mike Williams and I am the IT Specialist at Candeo. We currently are using the Meraki devices and love it. It makes our lives much easier when administering the network! 

Torodo
Conversationalist

Hi, my name is Toby and I am IT Manager at a small Australian hearing aid company that develops, manufactures and sells self-fit hearing aids direct to consumers. We use Meraki switches to interconnect our four existing offices across Australia. I am currently looking at migrating our current Wi-Fi infrastructure across to Meraki APs and have a side interest in exploring the RFID scanning capabilities of the Meraki APs as our hearing aids are fitted with RFID tags.

jdalgliesh
Conversationalist

Hello All

My name is Jason I am a Network Implementation Specialist for an IT service company in Iowa. We are getting more and more customers using Meraki equipment and thought this would be a good community of belong to.

Hashtag
Here to help

Glad to be a part of the community. I have been a Cisco guy for many years and have been a Certified Cisco Systems Instructor (CCSI) twice. I'm really do like the Meraki product line and am eagerly trying to absorb as much information as possible to help myself and my customers. I attended the CMNO training yesterday which I thought was a good nugget of knowledge for a one day course that anyone could really benefit from. I look forward to being a part of this community as the Meraki brand becomes more and more popular.

LeoG
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi all! I’m Leo, I’m a Cisco Meraki Network Support Engineer based in London.

I’m specialised in wireless planning, deployment and troubleshooting, and have been involved with many interesting ones during my professional career.

Hope I can help 🙂

Leo Gomez
KB
Here to help

My name is KB, I work in the education sector in the field of IT. Support most Meraki products from wireless, switches and routers and maybe a little of system manager also security appliances. My experience is Mid-senior level, trying to dot the i's and cross the t's in most of my work plans. Would like to contribute to this community with all the knowledge I have and maybe learn more & simpler way of implementing different solution from this community.

I hope we all help each other and get the most out of this community.

PatrickReid
Conversationalist

Good morning everyone. I am the IT Manager for a coffee roaster and big fan and user of Meraki gear. I have 2 boys, 2 and 5 years old, that keep me busy more than any sev 1 or project ever has. We enjoy watching movies, the outdoors, and breweries with playgrounds or arcades!

cjouglard-UDI
Here to help

I'm Charles from New Orleans, working to continue to grow my Meraki knowledge.

Mohamed_Rabee
Conversationalist

Hi Everyone .

I am Mohamed Rabee working as pre-sales Engineer in orange business services

MrGadgetman
New here

My name is Ricardo Gomez.  I am the director or I.T. for an Rent To Own company.  We have over 300 locations on Meraki.

Ricardo sweet setup... you have to tag your post with swagplease. 

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Swagplease contest is over! Maybe we will do it again sometime soon though... 🙂
kaztech
Conversationalist

I didn't get swag anyway. Even though I posted before contest was over. 

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

There were three winners drawn, @kaztech - https://community.meraki.com/t5/Community-Announcements/swagplease-winners/ba-p/7024

Thanks for entering, and better luck next time!

Alan_P
Conversationalist

Good morning! It is almost 2018. We have had Meraki wireless in one of our buildings for a few months now. I love it.

We are St. Louis College of Health Careers. Come check us out at https://slchc.edu

swagplease !

CoachJames
New here

Hello everyone.

I'm a Tech guy who Coaches Basketball. I really love Meraki products. I've designed,configure and maintain quite a few different Meraki platforms including APs, Switches and MX devices. Looking forward to doing some things with Meraki Phones and possibly Meraki Mesh APs in the near future.

Gilly715
Conversationalist

Hi, My name is Bryan and I am a Technical Architect for an IT Services Corporation. I am new to Meraki. I was impressed with my first interactions with Meraki and am excited to learn everything it has to offer so that I can successfully recommend and support Meraki systems for my clients.

Mhaer0
Conversationalist

Hi

this is Maher working at a Microsoft partner, technologies as Azure, o365 and others 

interested in Cisco Meraki because one of my customers is getting this solution for multiple sites and wanted to know how can i connect those to azure VPN, i am not a network guy 🙂 

jtech484
Conversationalist

Hey everyone,

Jay here. Sysadmin for an electrical contracting company, currently working to acclimate myself with Meraki's MDM.

Looking forward to a fun summer of heli events, good friends and good times. 

KJ
Conversationalist

Hello Everyone,

Here is my introduction.  My name is Kiran Jayaram and I work as the Network Analyst  of American School of Doha, Qatar.

Can someone please help with doing a course of Meraki ? I am not sure whether I am asking this question in the correct place.  I tried to register as a new user but they are asking for Meraki partner by which I am slightly confused.  Any sort of help will be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day everyone :-)....

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @KJ -

Welcome to the community! Sounds like you may be trying to sign up for CMNA, our training for partners. If you are a Meraki end-user rather than a partner, you should take a look at CMNO - https://meraki.cisco.com/webinars/cmno

Cheers!

JuanLucagnoli
Conversationalist

HI Guys, I´m Juan Ignacio from Mendoza, Argentina, a beatiful place with many vineyards and mountains like Aconcagua (the highest mountain in America)

Im working in a Cisco Gold Parnet name BVS as an pre-sales engineer., especialist in Wifi and R&S.

Participate in several projects with Meraki equipment, this technology is very interesting and easy to use and implement.

Greetings and see you
Juan

Jordanw
Getting noticed

Hey Everyone, my name is Jordan and I am a one person IT shop for a small First Nations school board in Northern Alberta.  

JanusNg
Conversationalist

HI all, My name is Janus Ng, I;m a Pre-Sales Engineer for Cisco Meraki in Malaysia. Great to know here got the forum for knowledge sharing. I interested to know more on the deployment side, especially on the Telco sector. Thanks and have a great day.

technicalgurus
Conversationalist

I'm Desmond, I'm a Meraki user and love the ease of cloud based services.

Life is what you make of it
rmusharb
Conversationalist

Hi, My name is Ray Musharbash.  I'm a Director in Global Service Supply chain within TS at Cisco.  I've been using my Meraki router at home and never been as pleased with any previous router.  Hoping to get tricks and tips especially around Parental Control for my two daughters.

GeoD
Conversationalist

New here,I have a small IT company in Washington State just setting up my first MX64. This is fun.

fishani
Conversationalist

Hello my name is fishani i have working with Merkai dashboard for atleast 2 years .

fishani
Conversationalist

I support  3 primary school in London that use Meraki Dashboard i am currently having trouble pushing apps to IOs devices on the dashboard i get the following error when attempt to save the apps "There were errors in saving this configuration:

• newApp_9: Identifier can't be blank"  does any one have an ideah why this happens ?
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @fishani - 

Welcome to the Meraki Community!

@fishani wrote:

I support  3 primary school in London that use Meraki Dashboard i am currently having trouble pushing apps to IOs devices on the dashboard i get the following error when attempt to save the apps "There were errors in saving this configuration:

• newApp_9: Identifier can't be blank"  does any one have an ideah why this happens ?

Regarding your question - please post it in the Mobility Management board by clicking the "Start a topic" button on the upper right of the board home page.

Cheers!
- Caroline

JayCoridan
Here to help

Hello All! My name is Jay Coridan. I am the Lead Solutions Architect responsible for our managed Network as a Service and SD-WAN products for CBTS, a Cisco Gold Partner and large MSP for Cisco Meraki.

Our company is currently expanding across North America via Partner Channel and company acquisitions. CBTS services all sizes of companies, from small, single site deployments to fortune 50 companies.

I finished the Meraki Masters last week.

At home, I enjoy being an empty nester with the second grandchild almost here.

Jay_at_MPS
Conversationalist

Greetings and Salutations, Earthlings.

My name is Jay and I am an IT professional for a public school system for a mid-sized city.  We have two high schools, two middle schools, and 8 elementary schools, as well as many support buildings throughout our district.  We have Meraki MR-34 and up distributed throughout our district and have had great success with the equipment.

I look forward to getting to know the community and the equipment in the future.

rybotech
Conversationalist

Ryan, Scottish, London based network guy, doing network stuff, look after global needs for an Ad agency, We have the wireless APs from Meraki only.

Perreau
Conversationalist

Luc, from the Seychelles but i live in Perth, Australia. Been using Meraki for a few years. I am currently in the Managed Services space.

Paje
Conversationalist

Hi my name is Paje' Jernigan. I work for Guilford County Government in North Carolina. I am on the networking/Telecom team. Currently we are deploying Meraki APs throughout our county. We did test the cameras but are currently not deploying any at this time. We are currently looking at the Meraki networking switches as possibly adding them to our network. We currently use Cisco switches for Layer 2 and 3 and some Dell switches for layer 2 connectivity. I look forward to working with more Meraki equipment.

LotharKOTHP
Conversationalist

Hi....My name is Brent.  I am what I would identify as a neophyte sys admin.  I really dig Meraki. So much so, that i created a little diorama of gummy bears in a one inch high model data center, nestled in the body of a MR42 box.

I especially like the wireless roaming affinity article/response, on why certain IOT devices seem to not roam when you think they should roam.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/Bad-roaming-in-Meraki/td-p/11595 

@LotharKOTHP wrote:

i created a little diorama of gummy bears in a one inch high model data center, nestled in the body of a MR42 box.

Hi @LotharKOTHP - Welcome to the community! You really should post a picture of your gummy bear diorama!! (Perhaps in the Off the Stack board)

DavidCook
Conversationalist

Hi, My name is David and I am a network engineer for a school system in New Orleans, I just got a Meraki certification and we have deployed Meraki AP's in a couple of our sites. I am currently renewing my CCNA and I hope to get a CCNP certification in Routing and Switching. I am looking at all the Cisco disciplines though for the CCNP. I think I am about to get laid off from the School Board, so I am looking at other jobs in IT. I figure certifying will help in an interview. When I am not at work I enjoy working on restoring my old New Orleans home, fishing and photography.

Cyril
Conversationalist

Hello all,

I'm Cyril, young and dynamic sys admin. Working in Montreal right now, I deployed fews AP ans MS and soon MXs and System Manager. I discover Meraki last year and I really enjoy working with this technology. Hope this is just the beginning of the Meraki's adventure !

And hope we'll have lot of new functionalities !!!!

amwill2
Conversationalist

Hello Everyone,

First day in the community and privileged to be here among so many professionals. My name is Antwaun Williams.  I am a Unified Communications Engineer for Equity Residential and I cover all properties in NY, NJ, CT & Boston.

I work in the Meraki portal every day, and I am happy to say that I successfully achieved my CMNO just yesterday (badge coming soon).  I look forward to benefiting from all of your experience as time goes on. Thanks!

Antwaun M. Williams
Tundra
Conversationalist

Hi Everyone,

I'm Coy. IT Director for Franklin County, NC.

AndrewS
Conversationalist

Hello Caroline 

I am Andrew Supple, working in Brisbane at a girls only school. Just started using Meraki. Hopefully, I will be able to soon answer the questions that I have! 

ashwani14dec
Conversationalist

My name is Ashwani Bansal. I am from India and working as consultant in Orange Business Services. I am a Cisco Certified Design Professional. learn new technology is my hobby.

When I am not consulting, I love to spent time with family and friends and explore new places.

JeenChew
Here to help

Hi all!

I am new here, my name is Jeen Chew and a Product Engineer in Telstra, an ISP in Australia. I am passionate about technology and all things WiFi. Apart from Meraki I also have a background in Cisco Aironet and the RF side of things.

Terrence
Here to help

Hello 

My name is Terrence Fields. I am a Systems Administrator for Planet Home Lending. I have been in the IT field for the past 25 years. I have held many hats from engineer, desktop support, help desk, integration anaylst, and what ever I was told to do. My current position gave me the opportunity to introduce Meraki into our organization. We have a couple of sites with the full product line minus phones and Meraki wireless at all our sites. I have my CMNO and I am currently working on my CCNA. 

CMNO, Dell Certified, A+
DiegoGutierrez
Conversationalist

Hello there Meraki Community, my name is Diego i am a Technical Support Engineer. i am happy to be part of this community, and hope to be help and learn from others. im moving towards the network admin field at my job, and i would like to know what are some certs. or classes that i could take. anything would help guys thank you.

--Diego Gutierrez--

Hi @DiegoGutierrez -

Welcome to the community!

@DiegoGutierrez wrote:

i would like to know what are some certs. or classes that i could take. anything would help guys thank you.

I see that you already have a CMNO - congratulations! At the moment there aren't Meraki training courses beyond the CMNO (unless you're a Cisco / Meraki partner), but we are working to build out additional options. Stay tuned!

Regards,

- Caroline

Arleen
Conversationalist

Hello All,
my name is Arleen work for City of Los Angeles as network admin. Happy to be part of Meraki Community.

Hi All,

My name is Alvin, working as a network and systems administrator. Very happy to be a part of the Meraki Community.

k_from_brussels
Conversationalist

Hello,

I am it project manager in Brussels and begin to use Meraki products.

Amar_Patel
Here to help

Hi All,

I'm Amar from London, UK working as a Solutions Specialist for the Network Pre-Sales team at CDW UK. I just became a Meraki Masters after an amazing week thanks to Caroline, Pavlin, Richardson and team in San Francisco. 

Mike83
Conversationalist

Hi,

i'm Michele, i work for an IT services company in Italy, we have many Meraki gears installed at our customers.

Happy to be part of this community!

TR-Bristol
Conversationalist

Hi, My name is Ted Ragan.  I manage the IT at a school district

Samuel_Samara
New here

Hello everyone,

Name is Sam - Long Term IT Manager and Part Time Cisco Networking Academy Instructor. I've been using Meraki equipment from before the Cisco acquisition and have been very pleased with it's functionality and flexibility. I usually take a day of my CCNA class and devote it to discussions about Meraki equipment and SDN topics.

David-Ludo
Conversationalist

Hi all!

David here, network admin, using Meraki since 2013, I knew about this community while searching info for the CMNO.

regards!

@David-Ludo wrote:

Hi all!

David here, network admin, using Meraki since 2013, I knew about this community while searching info for the CMNO.

regards!

Hi @David-Ludo and welcome to the Meraki Community. We're glad you have found us, and congratulations on your CMNO! Please don't hesitate to jump right in to the discussions in our Product & Technology boards.

BB
Here to help

Hello All,

My name is Ben Bijvoet and i am system and Network Engineer at Forbo for 18 years now.

Forbo is an international Flooring company and is busy migrating to a Meraki Network.

Am happy to join this community and ready to build a strong relation with the techies at here 🙂

CMNO#:  006547

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BB wrote:

My name is Ben Bijvoet and i am system and Network Engineer at Forbo for 18 years now.

Forbo is an international Flooring company and is busy migrating to a Meraki Network.

Am happy to join this community and ready to build a strong relation with the techies at here 🙂

CMNO#:  006547

Hi @BB and welcome to the Meraki Community! Best of luck as you migrate to Meraki, and please don't hesitate to ask any questions that come up in our Product & Technology boards.

Cheers!

AngelViolero
Conversationalist

Hello , My name is Angel and I am a Presales Network engineer for an important Service Provider/ Integrator in Madrid (Spain). , I just got a CMNA Meraki certification and I have a little experience with Meraki products. . I am CCNP certification in Routing and Switching but my knoledge is into Cisco Collaboration Solutions (CUCM, Spark, etc.) . I hope we can help each other.

@AngelViolero wrote:

Hello , My name is Angel and I am a Presales Network engineer for an important Service Provider/ Integrator in Madrid (Spain). , I just got a CMNA Meraki certification and I have a little experience with Meraki products. . I am CCNP certification in Routing and Switching but my knoledge is into Cisco Collaboration Solutions (CUCM, Spark, etc.) . I hope we can help each other.

Hello @AngelViolero! Welcome to the community, and please feel free to jump right into the discussions here. We're a friendly bunch!

05FordF350
Conversationalist

Patrick here I come from the Corporate world and we used Cisco exclusively. I am looking forward to using Meraki I currently have a MX 64 and a MR 33. I am currently setting up and testing and I must say they are far simpler to setup and use they the Cisco gear.

@05FordF350 wrote:

Patrick here I come from the Corporate world and we used Cisco exclusively. I am looking forward to using Meraki I currently have a MX 64 and a MR 33. I am currently setting up and testing and I must say they are far simpler to setup and use they the Cisco gear.

Welcome, @05FordF350. Glad to hear you're having a good experience with the MX and MR so far! If you do run into any trouble, please don't hesitate to ask questions here, perhaps in our MX or MR boards.

Cheers!

Usama
Conversationalist

Hello Everyone,

My name is Usama. Going to take CMNA next week, excited and looking forward to learn and develop new skill in Meraki. I work as a Provisioning Specialist, will be provisioning this products for our customer. 

Regards

Usama

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Usama wrote:

My name is Usama. Going to take CMNA next week, excited and looking forward to learn and develop new skill in Meraki. I work as a Provisioning Specialist, will be provisioning this products for our customer. 

Hi @Usama and welcome to the Meraki Community!

I hope you enjoy CMNA next week and learn a ton. If you have lingering questions after the training, don't hesitate to come back here and ask them.

Cheers!

norstarguru
Conversationalist

Hello,

I am a Senior Voice Network Engineer for large Education Enterprise and currently manage a large Resilient Telecommunications Network that processes millions of calls annually.  We utilize Meraki's for our hundreds of remote employees around the world.

I am the proud father of two College Graduated Daughters, when I'm not working I am enjoying life with my best friend in Wisconsin.  We love our weekends on our motorcycle and we are avid golfers.

Weekend Bagger!Weekend Bagger!

PCHATER

@norstarguru wrote:

I am a Senior Voice Network Engineer for large Education Enterprise and currently manage a large Resilient Telecommunications Network that processes millions of calls annually.  We utilize Meraki's for our hundreds of remote employees around the world. 

Hi @norstarguru and welcome to the Meraki Community! I hope you get out on that gorgeous motorcycle this weekend; have a great day!

Cheers!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels