Topology Doubt

RenanIMonteiro
Conversationalist

Topology Doubt

I will change all my HQ to meraki, since Switch Core, Access Layer and Access Points, but I have a question about topology and management of switch core.

I have central internet connection on my two DC, so, my switch core should to go to DC to exit to internet. I have a OSPF between my present switch core and the DCs.

My question is, how will work the management interface for meraki switch core with regard internet conection ? Is it something normal to meraki ? There is some best practice in this case ?

Below the topology I would like to create. SP2 and SP3 are my Data Centers

ECE-Topologia Macro.png

3 Replies 3
cshaun
Here to help

Hey Renan,

Regarding management traffic, you'll need to allow traffic out via the firewalls/edge devices you have at SP2 and SP3, using the rules found at https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Upstream_Firewall_Rules_for_Clo....  Otherwise there isn't really anything tricky to it. 

You haven't included your firewall/edge device on your diagram.  Are you able to tell us what devices you'll be using for that?  Are they also Meraki or something else?

Hi, 

I don't have any firewall on this topology. 

I have a dark fiber, connected directly to Cisco ACI. 

It is like a point-to-point between my HQ and two DCs

Hey Renan,

You have connectivity to the internet in that diagram - Whatever device sits between you and the internet, Meraki management traffic will need to traverse, for you to be able to manage your Meraki switching.

If you have a more specific question, somebody will be able to give you more specific guidance.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.