macOS Kernel Extension profile.

Airneil
Just browsing

macOS Kernel Extension profile.

Hello,

How do I debug a Kernel Extension profile? 

I have an AV software product. It requires 3 kernel extensions to be whitelisted. I have this configured, but it's not working. I how can I tell if this is a failure of macOS or Meraki?

-Russ

3 Replies 3
Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Airneil 

You would need to do is create a .mobileconfig profile via the macOS Server app and then push it out to the users via System Manager > MDM Settings > Add Profile  > Upload custom Apple profile. Then moving forward, you just need to create a new profile each time there is a program/app that runs into the System Extension Blocked error when there is an attempt to install.

You can definitely create these config profiles in the macOS Server app ($20 in the app store), under the Profile Manager section.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meraki Team

Hi Seshu,

Are you telling me that functionality in a native Meraki generated profile doesn't work? 

Configured kernel extensionConfigured kernel extension

Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Airneil 

I only suggested that step as the Payload pushed through the dashboard is not working, according to your comment. That step will categorically tell us if its an issue with the device or the dashboard config.

Regards,

Meraki Team

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels