iPad webclip kiosk mode

beks88
A model citizen

iPad webclip kiosk mode

I've came across a strange behavior on iPads in Kiosk mode and need some brainstorming 🙂

Our customer has a few iPads. These are used to display a website for time tracking their employees. When restarting an iPad i have to remove the profile and install again it again. Otherwise the website opens in Safari and shows a blank page after a few seconds.

Anyone came across this?

The webclip payload itself is configured in a single profile and and another profile installs the single app mode payload configured with bundle ID com.apple.webapp.

5 REPLIES 5
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@beks88 Can you get around the issue by setting the website as the home page in Safari and setting Safari to be app used in single app mode?

@BlakeRichardson 

Will give it a try, the problem we face in this case, we need to hide the URL from the searchbar. That's why we use webclip in full screen view

@beks88  What if you had the web clip and the single app mode in the same profile, the more I think about this it sounds like the problem is the order in which the profiles are being loaded onto the device.

I don't Meraki prioritises the way profiles are loaded but you could experiement and see if its alphabetical. 

Yes I had it already in the same profile, same issue. I also think it has something to do with the order of profile installation, but I didn‘t managed to narrow it down. Only thing that worked fine was waiting for all profiles to be installed and then activate/install single app mode.

I even don‘t think it has an alphabetical order, because I think I‘ve read somewhere In the Apple docs that the installations have to be asynchronous

I'm also facing the same issue at the moment. Anyone found any solution?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels