iOS web content filter whitelist localhost

MKhowaja
New here

iOS web content filter whitelist localhost

Hi

I am an app developer and one of our customer's says that they are not able to use our app likely because of their web content whitelist settings perhaps missing a url. When I investigated, I found that the only url that could possibly be missing is localhost.

I was wondering if you need to specifically whitelist localhost and if so, if you also need to specify a port.

Also how exactly should I write this in the whitelist.

Ie- should it be localhost or localhost:8080 etc or http://localhost etc

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No traffic from and to the same host will pass through a physical Meraki device.  It's just not possible.

So it would have to be something on the machine.  Perhaps antivirus.  Perhaps Windows Firewall.

I guess there is a slim chance they are using a proxy server, which would cause the request to be executed against the localhost of the proxy server rather than the local machine.

@MKhowaja I would suggest try white listing 127.0.0.1 and what ever port you are using but I am not sure if they would fix the problem or not. 

I cant imagine iOS URL whitelisting blocking a local host connection. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels