iOS install is fine, but cant get macOS to register

rkrzyston
New here

iOS install is fine, but cant get macOS to register

New to the software, so I started with my iPad.. no issues, then iPhone... no issues, then tried my Mac Mojave 10.14.2 NOPE!   used the mobile config and didn't register.  Tried to install with ..pkg.  nope.. reboot ... nope!  I see other are having issues, but i cant even get this to register.

11 REPLIES 11
MacuserJim
A model citizen

You're trying to enroll a macOS device in Meraki Systems Manager? It sounds like you are downloading the agent from your Meraki dashboard and installing it, are you getting any sort of error when you run the installer? Also have you installed the profile, by going to m.meraki.com and entering the network ID on the device you are trying to enroll?

Started with the profile and had no luck. That is why I tried the larger package. No errors.

Do you have any other management software on that Mac? As it stands when you open System Preferences do you see a "Profiles" option?

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 2.22.56 PM.png

If you do what profiles do you see installed once you click into it?

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 3.47.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-10 at 3.48.20 PM.png

I like the Dark mode!  

Avast firewall was blocking the mobileconfig.  but im still not getting the profiles.

Ah nice, The profiles will show up when going through the process of navigating to m.meraki.com and entering the network ID, the Agent installer doesn't install the profile. Does that make sense?

yup! Thanks!!!!!

You're welcome! Let me know if you run into any issues with that. I feel invested now! 🙂

@rkrzyston I have found the Mac Agent to be very unrealiable, works on some machines and not others. Those that do work some of the features in dashboard dont seem to work.

We are looking at moving our MacOS devices to Jamf in the new year because of this but also because they have zero day feature support. 

We will continue to use systems manager for our iOS devices. 

Also experience all the same issues as above. @BlakeRichardson - How is pricing of Jamf vs. Meraki? If we were to do Jamf for Macs, I think we would switch all iOS over too - it is much more powerful, and cloudhosted like Meraki

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!

@jared_f I haven't got to the pricing stage yet, my supplier is going to organise a trial in the new year as there is not point starting a trial so late in the year.

I've heard its good and the price isn't to much more. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels