iOS Google Account profile

misterharrison
Getting noticed

iOS Google Account profile

Has anyone managed to get the iOS Google Account profile working?

It would be great if we could deliver a device already logged into the end-user's Google account, especially for our younger students. But I'm guessing this would only be in the native apps, not Drive etc?

google.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
bvh2
New here

Exactly my thinking, what functionality does this serve to put an email address on there without a password. I was hoping to add this in addition to Google Apps(Drive, Docs, Sheets etc.) so it would be available for some younger students...but... 

PatrickL
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

This is the payload reference from Apple: https://help.apple.com/deployment/ios/#/cadb10889e59

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Would it be possible to pull the email address from a user in Meraki and/or AD with an "$email" variable and distribute it @PatrickL. We use an exchange profile to do the configuration and the user just enters his/her password once the profile comes down. I believe you can configure the exchange profile for Google. 

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!

hello,

I would also be interested to know if it is possible to use this profile "iOS Google Account" generically.
indeed the "$" does not work. And I would like to deploy this function to all students.
Thank you

nextgenconcepts
Here to help

If you are setting device owners, you can try the following steps. It will allow it to configure at least the gmail app and should be able to setup the others too.

Using_the_Managed_App_Settings_Payload

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels