iOS 13 iPad home screen - bigger vs more

SOLVED
AndrewHoover
Conversationalist

iOS 13 iPad home screen - bigger vs more

I'm looking to update our iPads to iOS 13. We are using a home screen layout payload to enforce app layouts.

We are concerned that the new "more" home screen style will adversely affect our home screen layouts. This is a concern because the iPads are used by students in grades K-2.

Is there a way to enforce a setting that keeps the home screen on the "bigger" screen style using Systems Manager?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AndrewHoover  Not that I can see, usually user experience settings like that aren't able to be enforced for whatever reason. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AndrewHoover  Not that I can see, usually user experience settings like that aren't able to be enforced for whatever reason. 

Not that I know of through Meraki.

The setting will stick if you create a backup through AC2/iTunes and you apply it via a blueprint. Probably not an option for most though.

@Tom-B Thanks for the AC2 suggestion. Unfortunately this settings isn't a big enough deal to dip into using AC2 on already-deployed iPads, but I'll remember this in case we ever do a new deployment.

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

Shame it is limited to Blueprint only. If you could do a config file at least then you could import that into Meraki to get the setting to apply.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

I do find it odd that Apple don't allow you to set accessibility settings especially given the amount of iOS deivces used in the special education sector. 

Thanks, I figured that was the case, but I wanted to ask to be sure.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels