iOS 13 iPad Detected as OSX - Profile Install Failed

SOLVED
wperry1
Here to help

iOS 13 iPad Detected as OSX - Profile Install Failed

I ran across our first iOS 13 device today that one of our users just purchased. When I try to install the MDM profile, I get an error stating "Profile Installation Failed"/"Profile Failed to Install". On closer inspection, I found that it the url for the profile it is trying to install has OSX in place of IOS in the path so it appears it is being detected as an OSX device.

Normail iOS install URL: https://ios.meraki.com/apple_mdm/ios?org=nnnnn

iOS 13 iPad install URL: https://ios.meraki.com/apple_mdm/osx?org=nnnnn

Has anyone else run across this? I suspect this is something Meraki will need to fix in the device detection but am open to suggextions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Update: With Public Beta 6 I was able to install the Profile correctly, my iPad is correctly identified on the Dashboard right now. Looks like it‘s working fine.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@wperry1  iOS 13 is still in BETA which is why you are possibly seeing this issue.

@BlakeRichardson Thank you for your response.

Are you aware of an ETA for iOS 13 support? I only have one user for now but I would like to do some testing in my environment before iOS 13 goes public for everyone.

That it best answered by support, I have no idea what features Meraki will be supporting on day one of iOS13's release. 

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@wperry1 With iOS 13 you can request the mobile site. Apple has changed iPads to look like Mac when browsing the web. 

To request the Mobile Website click on the AA on the left side of the which will give you several options. I don't know what Meraki would really be able to do as it was a fundamental change made by Apple on how iPads present themselves on the web.

I had completely forgotten about this being in iOS 13, until I went to a website that asked me to enable flash.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
mc_gecko
New here

I have the same issue, but after downgrading the iPad to iOS12, it is still seen as a macOS device, even if I unassigned and reassign from the server.

Have you been able to come around this? 

We're seeing the same issue. I tested with other solutions such as MaaS360 and was able to install their profile, but would really like to continue using Meraki. Has anyone had any luck correcting this or received an update from Meraki support?

Opened a support case today and found this is a known issue that developers are actively working to resolve.

Jarped
Conversationalist

See this thread has been open for a while, and can confirm latest iOS Beta 7 is still considered as MacOS devices and failing to install in SM

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Update: With Public Beta 6 I was able to install the Profile correctly, my iPad is correctly identified on the Dashboard right now. Looks like it‘s working fine.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels