iOS 11.4 Breaking MDM connection?

cmiarshvac
Getting noticed

iOS 11.4 Breaking MDM connection?

First, let me say that I have read the thread regarding iOS 11.3 devices with MDM broken, however, I didn't have any issues with my devices checking in on that version. 

I have noticed that (almost) all of my iOS devices haven't checked-in since late May. 

I had a test device that I uninstalled/reinstalled the MDM app and it began checking in. Interesting that the version says "iOS 11" with no additional semantic version details.  Do I need to touch all my iOS devices to get them back online? Is there a known issue with this iOS version?

6 REPLIES 6
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@cmiarshvac if you look at one of the affected devices does the Meraki app need updating according to the app store. I am assuming they have all been enrolled using the same method. 

Rather than uninstalling the app you could try method A which involves m.meraki.com on the device and entering in your unique 10 digit code.

This might be a quicker fix.

AftabAhmad
Here to help

I'm having the same issue, I've had to wipe 4 iPads and updated them to 11.4.1 in the process.

DEP settings are being received with the Meraki profiles being installed. After that once i get to the main screen i get nothing.

All apps and device settings assigned fail to install, also the information in Meraki is incorrect for the device, it still thinks it's on 11.0.3 with 67% battery when it's not.

I've tried everything from deleting the device, clearing all tags, removing DEP settings...nothing seems to work....

I have also noticed that most of my active devices haven't been seen since 17/07/2018 which was yesterday.

Also since apps won't deploy to freshly wiped iPads the System Manager app is also missing..

Any ideas?

Same issues 11.4.1 - the newly enrolled devices will never finish initial sync. Current devices stop talking.

lkalis
New here

Add me to the mix as well.  I can only get applications to install, but none of my manage settings are working in iOS 11.4.1

Meraki Support, please chime in on the plan.  Thank you... Lou Kalis

JRudd
New here

I think this primarily falls under the other issues going on that the following thread is discussing too: 

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Endpoint-Management-Systems/Trouble-with-push-notifications/m-p/2361...

Here is the latest info from support at this time...

Greetings,

At this time development teams are working on the issue. Once support has more details we will provide next steps.

Kindest Regards,

Frank Ong
Cisco Meraki Technical Support

Please note that if urgent attention is required, Enterprise customers may call the Support hotline at (415) 937-6671 Please have your Cisco Meraki customer number ready (found on the Help > Get help page from the Dashboard). For international callers, our phone numbers can be found at meraki.com/support.

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Having the same problem. Nothing is syncing (profiles, apps, etc.). I have tried enrolling the device again. DEP is coming down just fine and the management profile shows that it is there, yet nothing comes down. I thought it was a firewall issue, but after switching it to my phone hotspot, it is clearly an Cisco/Apple/MDM issue. This needs to be addressed ASAP.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels