changing dep device settings

pstokes
Here to help

changing dep device settings

So we have 2 DEP profiles, the biggest difference is one allows pairing the other does not. I have an ipad that's already been setup & deployed to the end user problem is I now need to change the DEP settings profile to allow the user to pair the device with their machine. Can I simply change the DEP setting profile and it will push out to the device, or do I need to factory reset the device for the setting change to be deployed to the device? 

5 REPLIES 5
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

For some reason it doesn't let you change the settings you already applied. You would have to make a new policy and apply it to that.

Enthusiast

hmm mine didn't do that. I was able to select the specific device (ipad) and change the setting profile. I confirmed it showed the new profile on the device & the status said pushed.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@pstokes  If you change the DEP setting you need to factory reset the device. The setting is pulled from the MDM at the initial time of configuration.

Ugh...that was my fear. I'll have to get the device from the user & backup the existing data already on it before I can reset it. Unfortunately this is one of those cases of didn't know the user would be needing to do this with the device or else I would've assigned that DEP profile from the beginning. 

@BlakeRichardsonThanks I totally misunderstood. I thought @pstokes wanted to change the settings of his profile, not switch over to the other. (My mistake)

Enthusiast
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels