blacklisting apps not working?

Dadof5
Conversationalist

blacklisting apps not working?

I have been experiencing a number of issues with blacklisting apps.  My first issue is that I created an extensive list of apps to blacklist and applied it to several phones. Today I got a report that these devices no longer have keyboard apps which is odd because that is certainly not an app that I blacklisted.  When I went to the app settings for my blacklist it no longer has any of the custom apps displayed.  I had dozens of apps blacklisted and now I see only 4!  At this point that's only a secondary issue. My main issue is none of these users who have this tag can use a keyboard.  I have tried removing the blacklist from those phones and pushing the GBoard directly to the affected phones but they all reporting that the keyboard is installed. It doesn't appear to be and it certainly hasn't returned keyboard functionality to it.

My experience so far is the blacklisting and whitelisting has done nothing but cause serious conflicts on ever phone that I have applied it to. Why would the keyboard be removed if I didn't blacklist it? Why doesn't a keyboard return after I remove the blacklist AND add a specific keyboard? I've got several staff out in the field and I can't have them be down without a keyboard on their phones.  They are currently using Nexus 6, and Samsung On 5, S7, and J7 phones.

2 Replies 2
Dadof5
Conversationalist

Just to update, this appears to only be affecting my Nexus 6 phones at the moment.
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Are you using a configuration or policy to do so?

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels