add Exchange account to Apple Mail on macOS

SOLVED
GrldP
Here to help

add Exchange account to Apple Mail on macOS

Hello,

Absolute newbie here, I’ve read the documentation to do this for iOS, but I can’t find the same for macOS. 

I’d like an assigned user on a device to have its Exchange account for Microsoft Office 365 setup like he would do by himself from System Preferences ⇨ Internet Accounts. 

Apple Profile Manager let me chose between Exchange Activesync (that’s for iOS) or Exchange Web Services (that’s for macOS), the latter does not seem to be integrated with Meraki SM. 

Is there something I’m missing or is it more subtle to do than I’d have thought?

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sshort
Building a reputation

You're right, there's no native Mac payload in Meraki for Exchange. So something like Profile Manager or ProfileCreator would need to be used to export a custom mobileconfig and then upload to your Meraki dashboard.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sshort
Building a reputation

You're right, there's no native Mac payload in Meraki for Exchange. So something like Profile Manager or ProfileCreator would need to be used to export a custom mobileconfig and then upload to your Meraki dashboard.

Thanks a ton for that! 

Actually, I explored Profile Manager (which I was extensively trained to) but could not immediately figure out how I could set the accounts variables based on the assigned user for the device in Meraki. 

But I need to explore more before asking for help to the community. 

Oh, and also thank you for the Profile Creator app, looks like an amazing tool!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels