Windows 10 enrollment, "use GetTempPath" message

Dovran
Here to help

Windows 10 enrollment, "use GetTempPath" message

Hi,

I have been trying to enroll a Windows 10 computer in the Meraki system. I installed MerakiPCCAgent on the machine but after the installation is complete I keep getting the message that says "cannot use Windows temp; use getTempPath." What can I do to enroll the device?

Thanks for your time.

8 REPLIES 8
Dovran
Here to help

error message.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did the install actually fail?  Did you use an Administrator style account to attempt the install?

The installation did not fail. The agent is running in the background. Yes, it was installed using an Administrator account. 

Polymathink
Getting noticed

The profile name likely has a space in it. I found this article which might help:

https://www.byteworks.com/blog/meraki-systems-manager-agent-windows-7-installation-failures/

I did try that but it didn't work. 

They have added another way of enrolling Windows devices, using "Enroll only in device management" settings of Windows. I tried it and still got an error.Meraki Error.png

The error code, 0x80180001, is defined on Microsoft website as "Invalid Schema, Message Format Error from server." 

Any idea?

If the machine is joined to a domain, I would try uninstalling the agent and reinstalling the agent while logged into the local machine admin account (not the domain admin account). I'm sure you tried all the usual suspects: disabling antivirus, opening or disabling firewall, running updates, checking to insure adequate disk space. Frankly, I'm at a loss, otherwise, and will be following this case closely. Thanks for posting it.

I tried both of the options to enroll the devices, installing the agent and via Windows Profile settings and neither one of them worked. Could the problem be with the server? Is there any way I can reset the organizational settings without deleting the account? 

Thanks.

MRLSTech
Comes here often

I have this exact problem.  Were you able to find a solution?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels