Windows 10 devices not getting new SSID profile

DubVee
Here to help

Windows 10 devices not getting new SSID profile

I created a new profile for Windows devices directing them to a newly created SSID.  The devices are already enrolled in SM and are not getting the new profile.  My iOS devices picked it up immediately, I'm gessing I missed something with the Windows devices.

<y goal is to force all devices to the new SSID and decommission the old one.  I thought I would also use the opportunity to enroll devices that are not in SM using Sentry.

Is there a trick to pushing profiles to Windows devices?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Alas their is no trick.  You just have to be very patient.  I have sometimes had to wait a day.

That's what I was afraid of, but it's been a few days.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you definately added the Meraki MDM profile (as opposed to the agent you install) onto the Windows 10 machines?

I assume so, under Add Devices we went route A (Windows Profile) on most of them.  Some were sent and Enrollment link (C).  They show in the dashboard, but do not show any profiles installed.  What did I miss?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In the dashboard does the profile show the devices are in scope?

It does, with a status of "Not Installed".

...and under Devices, Profiles (All) says "Settings match defaults".  There is no options to install missing profiles.

MrMeraki
Here to help

It doesn’t work for windows 10 - we’ve had ticket open for months and has gone to design as known bug!
Sadly ditching MDM now

I second this - MDM has been a HUGE let down for Windows 10 to a point it just doesn't seem to want to work and Cisco Meraki couldn't seem to care less.
I had a ticket open for months/years.

We abandoned and then tried again now in late 2020 and guess what.....

It STILL doesn't work!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels