Webclip and Ipad Shared

Solved
GabBlais
Getting noticed

Webclip and Ipad Shared

Hello,

I'm trying to put webclips into Shared Ipads without being able to do so for now. I'm getting the error : Error: The payload type “com.apple.webClip.managed” is not permitted to be installed for the system ... . I've seen that you need to enable com.apple.webclip into the restrictions section and I've done that. I've deployed two webclips, one with the full https: and the other one with only "www" because I've seen someone talk about the character ":" problem.

But I also found on apple website for webclips :

User Channel

macOS, Shared iPad

Allow Multiple Payloads

iOS, macOS, Shared iPad

Is this still incompatible?

1 Accepted Solution
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@GabBlais 

Doing some research it appears web clips have to be pushed to the users, not the device.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/devicemanagement/webclip

I would try setting this up as a user profile push and see if it works for you.

userprofile.PNG

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@GabBlais 

Doing some research it appears web clips have to be pushed to the users, not the device.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/devicemanagement/webclip

I would try setting this up as a user profile push and see if it works for you.

userprofile.PNG

@Vasanth  thanks for the reply ! I'm trying this today a bit more. For now I created the user profil but my Ipad is not getting it, it's stuck at pending in the Meraki logs. I've only used Devices profil until now so I'm going to seatch a bit more on the user one.

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@GabBlais 

Have you logged an account into the iPad? If so, I would reach out to Meraki support as once someone logs into the iPad the profile should be able to push.

@vassallonYeah I'm logged into a user and rebooted couple of times. I'm going to create a new empty user profile and try to find the problem. I'll ask the support if I can't find anything soonish. Thanks !

@vassallonI'm going to wait on Meraki support for this Ipad who's stuck in pending for the user profil but I've tried with another IPad and it worked instantly. Thanks a lot for you help !

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@GabBlais 

Glad to hear it worked, I haven't played around with Shared iPad as we are a 1:1 school district. 

This makes me wonder if perhaps Apple Classroom on a Mac may now be working, as it was dependant on using the user profile push as well.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels