Using System manager without other Meraki Solutions

SOLVED
Kunle
Conversationalist

Using System manager without other Meraki Solutions

Good Day everyone, I'm new to Meraki so I have a newbie question. Ive been looking at the system manager's abilities regarding device management and my question is can you deploy SM to manage devices without making use of Meraki access points and firewalls on your network and if so what would be the limitations if any? thanks

Kunle 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Simo-s_h
Here to help

You can run Meraki SM without any other parts of Meraki.

Obviously you get some extra benefits and features that for example help you enroll devices easier, but never the less its still not mandatory.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Simo-s_h
Here to help

You can run Meraki SM without any other parts of Meraki.

Obviously you get some extra benefits and features that for example help you enroll devices easier, but never the less its still not mandatory.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Simo-s_h is right, you can use Meraki Systems Manager as a standalone solution without any other Meraki products.

When you have a Meraki switch or Access Point and click on a client, and if the client has Systems manager on it, then you get some extra info from the switch view.

If you have Meraki WiFi you can configure Systems Manager to automatically deploy those WiFi settings, without having to manually type them in.

Kunle
Conversationalist

Much appreciated Philip.

Kunle
Conversationalist

Many thanks for your help

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels