Urgent - Please help - Error - The configuration for your iPAD could not be downloaded

Izhar_Mohammed
Here to help

Urgent - Please help - Error - The configuration for your iPAD could not be downloaded

Hi,

I was trying to remove one of our clients devices from our MDM control and when we erased the device (Factory reset) we are getting the following error message:

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-05 at 1.58.03 PM.jpeg

We are unable to get past this, please advice on the steps to get rid of this screen and remove these devices from our control.

Device Serials: 

1 - GCGVJJUWHLJJ
2 - F9FWC0UGJF8D
15 REPLIES 15
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

I would open up a case and have Meraki check that. It seems off. 

Enthusiast

Hey Kyutibi,

Thank you for the quick response, and how exactly would I be able to open a case with Meraki, Ive searched almost everywhere but couldnt find that button.

Hey Kyutibi,

Thank you for the quick response, and how exactly would I be able to open a case with Meraki, Ive searched almost everywhere but couldnt find that button.

Top right corner you hit "Get Help" then scroll down to "Still need help?" from there is a button that says Call Meraki Support Team. 

Enthusiast

I tried the local support number (United arab emirates) and it doesnt work. Let me try an international number.

@Izhar_Mohammed  Do you have enough free Systems manager licenses, I have seen a very similar problem that was due to no free licenses being available. 

We are trying to get this device off meraki - systems manager and not get it registered with it. Please advice.

HI @Izhar_Mohammed 

Did you get any error when tried calling your local number? Also, as @BlakeRichardson pointed, please check if you have enough licenses available. You will not be able to register the device if there is no free licenses available.

Cheers!

Raj

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also note if it is DEP enrolled and you factory reset it will just try and join again.

We had removed these devices from DEP, and then done the factory reset.

I did not get an error but the intercom isnt working also tried your 24x7 London office number and there also didnt get a response. We are trying to get this device off meraki - systems manager and not get it registered with it. Please advice.

Hello Izhar, I just wanted to confirm what you said above. The UAE support number did not work? +971 800 018 4600

@Izhar_Mohammed  If you are still getting that message you haven;t removed the device from DEP. If you are 100% sure you have removed it from DEP you will need to call Apples DEP team as its not a Meraki issue.

If you remove a device from DEP you shouldn't be getting that config page at all. 

We will check with the apple team today and let you know the outcomes.

Thats right @Noah_Salzman . 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels