Updating Device Inventory

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Updating Device Inventory

Hi All,

Does anybody know why when we push the check-in button on the device details that it does not update installed apps and check that the device is compliant with all policies? During are trial with Jamf they had an "Update Inventory" button that would update everything. Can we set this up in Meraki and/or is there a work around?

Thanks for any input, 

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

@jared_f Honestly, we had given up with support to get the fact the 'Client Page > Device > Apps' section would not update itself automatically on a new device install.

The entire device list (inc App information and compliant information) will update every 24 hours. But support can not stay when this happens, just that it does every 24 hours.

A device upon enrolment, it should automatically update its details on joining then 30 minutes after being connected which solve a lot of 'update' issues. 

Thank you,
Peter James

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@PeterJames I have honestly given up trying to get support from Meraki. All around their MDM product is very good and comparable to those like AirWatch and Jamf Pro, but they exclude some very basic things. In our org, I have a policy that looks for VPN apps (against the RUP) and if it finds one it restricts the device with a profile, when people come to us to get the restrictions taken off it is a game to try to see what we can do to get the device to do a full query of all installed apps, profiles, and to see if the device is compliant/not compliant with policies.

Occasionally, I have to resort to the "Selective Wipe" command which pulls all profiles, managed apps, etc. off of the device, but still keeps it under management. Then I have to re-authorize the device. The downside is that our WiFi profile gets removed and I have to manually re-connect the device to get it to re-authorize and all managed apps are permanently wiped from the device. This is the only way I have ensured policies, apps, and profiles are updated.

Hopefully more people will express there issue with dashboard updating details here. The people using the product day to day need there voices heard and it is the only way the product becomes better! Maybe someone who works for Meraki here can chime in and let us know what the "Make a Wish" feature has accomplished!

Thanks,

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels