Unable to send via Outlook from 3rd party apps.

PaulMc
Here to help

Unable to send via Outlook from 3rd party apps.

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to help here? I've pushed out some apps to our managed iPads, one of them being Outlook. Users are signed into Outlook and can send / receive emails fine. The issue is where we try to "send to Outlook" from other apps. When we do, we get the following message:

Action Not allowed

This data is protected by your organization. You must me logged into this app with your <my work email> account to access it. If you are already signed in with <my work email>, contact your IT administrator for help.

However, each user is signed into Outlook with their work email, exactly as shown in the error message. I'm at a loss and spent a few days working on it. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
dofarrell
New here

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution to this? Having the same issue with possibly a different MDM system and this is the only Google result for the error message.

Thanks.

Have you checked the options about containerizing managed and non managed contacts, apps etc?

DSM
Here to help

Was there ever any update on this @PaulMc ?

I think it’s to do with the Microsoft Intune SDK for iOS which they’ve wrapped all their Office apps in. I get a similar error trying to open links from Outlook in Edge on iOS.

Even though I’m using Meraki and don’t have InTune app protection policies enabled, I think it somehow defaults to not allowing cross-app communication...

I don’t think it’s related to Apple’s Managed Open In which containerises data because the popup  contains Microsoft account details rather than being a generic Apple one.

Let me know if you have any more information please

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels