Unable to issue iOS update for individual devices

NurIT-db
New here

Unable to issue iOS update for individual devices

When attempting to push an iOS update to any of our devices (by opening the specific client in the Client List dashboard, clicking OS Update->Install under Software Updates), we get a red error box with some html code. I think it's supposed to look like this:

Meraki Error.jpg

We're able to use DEP (create/assign settings), push Apps to the devices with VPP, and push Management Profiles, send shutdown/restart/erase/etc command. We're also able to use the Clients view list to push iOS updates, but I'm not seeing anything in the event log that an OS update is queued so I'm not certain this works. So this is the only area where we're getting this error. Getting the same result on all our iOS devices, iTouch/iPad/etc. We don't have any other managed device types in Meraki. Is there anything we can do to troubleshoot or will we have to wait this one out?

8 REPLIES 8
MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

I am getting the Fun error code also Capture47.JPG

Also getting the same error as @MikeMandalorian

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!

I get this error if I push the update from within the individual device's page, but if you go back to the device list, tick the device and push the command from the command drop-down it works fine for me.

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

This may be a way to stop people from issuing an update command to 11.3 which then breaks MDM communication. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

I know Meraki has been rolling out the fix to address the iOS 11.3 update issues as I have had several of my iPads that were not working correctly suddenly start working. I have not had any iPads that stopped updating/downloading Apps since they rolled out the fix earlier this week.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

I just tested pushing out the iOS update to several different iPads on different networks and did not receive this error. Checking the logs on the iPads, I do see the schedule OS update command pending on the devices.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It looks like a patch has been released.

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Wouldn't be a solution in my environment. As it is home healthcare, HIPPA rules are in place and the tablets have to be locked down and managed finely. 

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels