Unable to configure webhook on alerts page

pramod
New here

Unable to configure webhook on alerts page

Hello

I am trying to configure alerts for Meraki Dashboard. On Alert Settings page,in webhook section, When I try to test my Webhook server (created by me in python) it is always showing failed. I also tried with Zapier Webhook and getting same error.

But my webhook URLs are working perfectly fine with Postman. 

Please let me know if I am doing any thing wrong, please also let me know where I can check log of Webhook test (reason of getting fail) in Meraki.

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

One of the bugs with webhooks is the test function doesn't send the secret causing the test to fail. 

@PhilipDAth Thanks.

then should I ignore 'Send Test Webhook' and continue with Alerts configuration?

I am also not getting option to 'Save' my changes.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>then should I ignore 'Send Test Webhook' and continue with Alerts configuration?

Yes.  I normally start by getting the WebHook to just log the data received.

Hello,

I have created a python app and deployed on heroku server. I have got a https staging url which I am using for sending webhook using meraki alert section. But every time it says sending failed but if I do the same thing with postman then it works fine is there any solution for making successfull alert through meraki panel.

Thanks

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Having done lots of work with Meraki web hooks, I've found the https://webhook.site/ capability brilliant for testing

Get it working from here, you can then discount Meraki Dashboard

KR

Paul

AkashRai
Comes here often

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the suggestion really appreciate but the issue is I need to send webhook using meraki server login with python and heroku so is there any reference which can help me as per your suggestion.

Regards,

Akash

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels