Ulefone Armor X7 Pro - Device Owner Mode - Stuck on "Phone is Starting......"

Goodline
Just browsing

Ulefone Armor X7 Pro - Device Owner Mode - Stuck on "Phone is Starting......"

Hi,

I am unable to have a fully functioning device after enrolling a Ulefone Armour X7 Pro into Device Owner Mode.  I have kept my enrollment as simple as possible without success.  I have attempted contact with Ulefone without success and also the reseller, now I'm hoping the Cisco Meraki community may be able to assist.

Below is my process which has worked successfully on a different device also running Android 10:

1. Factory reset device and then on landing page tap the screen 6 times until camera is activated
  2. Scan Meraki SM Device owner "Android version 7+ (Nougat)" enrollment QR code
  3. Meraki SM is installed successfully and enrollment completes as per screenshot below
  4. Create 4 profiles
    1. Android System Apps containing an empty blacklist
    2. Android Device Owner containing no restrictions
    3. Android Restrictions containing no restrictions including "Auto Grant All Permissions"
    4. All above profiles via single tag
  5. On reboot phone is contactable via Meraki but when waking up the phone you receive "Phone is starting" indefinitely.  Able to get into Settings but unable to access OS and System apps. 

Annotation 2020-09-07 160854.png

Hoping this is enough information to generate some assistance.

Thanks again

1 REPLY 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unless the manufacturer of the phone releases a firmware update - it doesn't sound resolvable.  It sounds like the phone is not compatible with Android Enterprise enrollment.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels