Two New Features in SM

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Two New Features in SM

1. If you did not see, you can now create Target groups in Meraki. See Systems Manager > Tags (Under "Configure")

2. Also, you can now push profiles before the user reaches the lock screen in iOS. You will have to re-create your DEP configuration and set it as default. You can default it so it takes affect on all newly enrolled/re-enrolled devices.

So, hopefully naming based on AD information coming? Also, when an AD user logs in, push profiles scoped to his/her role (Meraki already pulls security group info, pulling departments here would also be useful) soon... (?)

Thanks Meraki team, these are two great features. 

Thanks!

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
alexis_cazalaa
Building a reputation

could you please explain a bit more those 2 features i didn't personally get it .. 😮

@alexis_cazalaa In iOS, there was usually a delay as profiles were coming down. It makes sure all profiles, wifi, webclips, etc. are installed right after the device is enrolled and while the user is completing setup.

I think the target groups is just to simplify scoping. I have no real use for it, but I guess if your scoping restrictions based on a student being enrolled in a grade and all grades get the restrictions you could make a target group called "All_Students" and target AD security groups containing students in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, etc.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels