Turn off Auto Tag IOS

SOLVED
MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

Turn off Auto Tag IOS

I am probably missing the setting, but is there a way to turn off Auto Tags , i have 2 profiles installed on 1 Ipad which is messing with Imessage settings  , i can't change the settings for the tag  "IOS Devices"  profile because it will mess up other ipads , but when i goto this particular Ipad i see my manual tag but i can't see how to remove the Auto tag " IOS Devices on this IPAD 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@MikeMandalorian Add an exclusion tag to the restriction profile causing problems and then add that exclusion tag to the device you want to exclude. Follow the example below.

Use WITHOUT ANY of the following tags

Add iOS Devices & Exclusions

Make sure installation target states: iOS Devices without any of the followings tags Exclusions

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 11.22.52 AM.png

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can't remove an auto tag.

It is probably easiest to create a new tag, say "ProfileA". Assign it to all the current devices, and ten change your profile to apply to this rather than the AutoTag.

Another option is to create another Systems Manager network, and move the one device into it.

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@MikeMandalorian Add an exclusion tag to the restriction profile causing problems and then add that exclusion tag to the device you want to exclude. Follow the example below.

Use WITHOUT ANY of the following tags

Add iOS Devices & Exclusions

Make sure installation target states: iOS Devices without any of the followings tags Exclusions

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 11.22.52 AM.png

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!

Thanks @jared_f I will give that a try
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels