Trigger WiFi On

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Trigger WiFi On

I am not sure if Apple has this in their MDM framework, but if so I wish it was implemented on Meraki. Please allow us to trigger WiFi back on when the device check-in to Meraki. 

Thanks!

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
2 Replies 2
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

Surely the device would need a WIFI connection first to check-in to the dashboard? I assume you're relating to LTE/Cellular IOS devices?

I.e an MDM policy that when a device checks into dashboard via LTE/Cellular, the devices Wireless settings get turned on to be able to use wireless as a form of transport over LTE/Cellular? - Is this correct?

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@MilesMeraki Exactly. Investing money in our network infrastructure to handle 4x more the traffic that we were seeing last year I am not happy that WiFi is being clicked off and cellular data is being used because it is "faster". Honestly, maybe if Meraki just could check whether they are in the geofence and see if they are connected to our ip via policy it would be great. I could just create a profile that restricts the device until wifi is enabled. 

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels