Systems Manager - beacon & other features only activate when SM app is launched

Cozzycam
Here to help

Systems Manager - beacon & other features only activate when SM app is launched

Hi all,

Lost a device, and trying to locate it with the beacon feature (android phone).

When beacon is pushed, it cant be found anywhere in the building so I tested it with 2 other android phones... The beacon only sounds if the app is launched. Any fixes? This is happening to all wireless android clients.

6 REPLIES 6
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Sounds like the phone may be power-saving the application and therefore the app isn't alerting. What model of phone is it, and is power-saving enabled?

None of the phones are on power saver mode unfortunately. There are several different devices. A couple of examples are Honor 10 and Samsung note 10+

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If the phone is setup in "Work" or "BYOD" mode then it is also less likely to respond.  If it is in "Device Owner" mode it is far more likely to respond.

Hello,

I believe the devices are set up in device owner mode. I think this was done during enrollment. Is there a way to check this on already enrolled devices?

It'll show on the device information page, under "Device Owner"

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 14.40.34.png

Kind regards,

--

Connor Loughlin
Network Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:. Cisco Meraki EMEAR 🇬🇧

For reference, many questions can be easily answered by searching our online documentation: http://documentation.meraki.com

Hi Connor,

Thanks for the reply. It has an owner set to the user. Still having this issue if anyone has any other ideas?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels