System Manager on macOS High Siera (10.13) Not Working.

JPAWELCHAK
Getting noticed

System Manager on macOS High Siera (10.13) Not Working.

Meraki,

What is going on with Systems Manager (SM)? If Meraki is going to charge for SM they better make sure the product works with the latest OS release(s). I’m trying to enrol a mac running High Sierra (10.13) and it will not enrol. I’ve confirmed with multiple of my counterparts in this industry on Slack and they too are having the same issue. Other vendors manage to be compatible upon release of a new OS from Apple why cant Meraki.

I'm happy to pay for a service that works but please know that the expectation is Meraki make damn sure it works! Please and thank you.

CHARTER
Forward, Together
2 Replies 2
sshort
Building a reputation

+1 for this thread

I saw the "zero day" support for iOS 11 on the Meraki blog, so I was hopeful there would be a similar situation on Sept 25. If I have a Mac running Sierra, the config profiles continue to work after the machine is updated to 10.13, but I can confirm that doing a clean install of High Sierra does not allow enrollment in Systems Managers (either manually or through DEP).

Reading through Apple's developer documentation on High Sierra I got excited for additional mdm support (escrow of FileVault keys and delayed sw updates) but it seems we'll have to wait 😞

@sshort wrote:

+1 for this thread

I saw the "zero day" support for iOS 11 on the Meraki blog, so I was hopeful there would be a similar situation on Sept 25. If I have a Mac running Sierra, the config profiles continue to work after the machine is updated to 10.13, but I can confirm that doing a clean install of High Sierra does not allow enrollment in Systems Managers (either manually or through DEP).

Reading through Apple's developer documentation on High Sierra I got excited for additional mdm support (escrow of FileVault keys and delayed sw updates) but it seems we'll have to wait 😞

Not sure what Meraki changed yesterday between attempt 1 and attempt 8 but 8th time was a charm. enrolling a MBA running  macOS 10.13 worked for us. Its a sad state when I'm excited by something as simple as this. 😉 

CHARTER
Forward, Together
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels