System Manager app install: Sign in to iTunes to allow ios.meraki.com

SOLVED
kabst
Conversationalist

System Manager app install: Sign in to iTunes to allow ios.meraki.com

Hi,

I got some iPads that are supervised and enrolled in DEP. I "purchased" the app Meraki Systems Manager in VPP/Apple Business manager and made it "device assigned" to all devices. But when I erase a device and install it as new I get this message on the iPad:

App installation

Sign in to iTunes to allow

"ios.meraki.com" to manage and install

apps.

Cancel | Sign In

It i press "Cancel" the Systems Manager app installs anyway.

Isn't possible to deploy an iPad and have the Systems Manager app auto install without this message?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kabst
Conversationalist

Sorry all guys….. I just found out the problem wasn't the Systems Manager App. But another app I've added in Meraki SM-->Apps witch was "purchased" by 'VPP codes'. Sorry for that…..

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Network-dad
A model citizen

Not that I have found I get this message too and I just hit cancel....

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad
kabst
Conversationalist

It just sounds strange to me. Is it a bug?

Richard_W
A model citizen

You have purchased the App via Apple BM and synced to VPP in Meraki SM>VPP, have you added it to Apps in SM>Apps as well, I think I did this via import (same as all apps)?

And purchase method shows VPP Device assignment yeah?

R.

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@Richard_W 

The other thing that can cause this is if you run out of available licenses for the App.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
kabst
Conversationalist

Yes - to all your questions 🙂

I did purchase the app via VPP and synced VPP in Meraki SM->VPP and it shows on the app list under VPP (30 licens used out of 100 avaliable). And the app are added in Meraki SM->Apps as well and selected "VPP Device assignment"

kabst
Conversationalist

Sorry all guys….. I just found out the problem wasn't the Systems Manager App. But another app I've added in Meraki SM-->Apps witch was "purchased" by 'VPP codes'. Sorry for that…..
Noah_Salzman
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@kabst And we appreciate you letting us know! Always good when we can avoid technical forum threads that end like XKCD 979.

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Agreed!
Meredith W | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) New to the community? Get started here

Noah_Salzman I am having the same issue getting the "allow ios.meraki.com" message when erasing and reloading a device.  VPP assignments are set to Device assignment and plenty of Meraki System Manager licenses exist for the install.  If i look at the Event log the details say "name: Meraki Systems Manager, error: Could not retrieve license for the app with iTunes Store ID 472572194., status: Error"  There is not an Apple ID in use on the device.  

Other devices that we are using an Apple ID on deploy and the app installs correctly.

Any direction you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks, rnitzel.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels