Settings: Updates Pending on devices

MinterneJS
Conversationalist

Settings: Updates Pending on devices

I've got devices that show "Settings: Updates Pending" all the time under the "Management" heading on the device details.  Despite making sure that the device has checked in and all the profiles are saying they are up to date. Is there any reason why this might happen that I should be looking for?

I can change settings and they push out fine, but whatever happens that Updates Pending shows.

4 Replies 4
alexis_cazalaa
Building a reputation

From the Clients list it's always better to check your client and choose "command" - "sync profiles" 

if you see that message it's because this client is scoped to either update/install/delete a profile.

check the activity log in your client to see more details.

Thanks for the reply.  When I check the profile list for the device all are listed as up to date.  When I check the activity log there is 2 recurring lines.  It's trying to update/remove a profile once a day but cancelling each time.  How do I find out what this problem is?

Nov 12 10:58Removed profileCancelledNov 12 10:58
Nov 12 10:58Update profileCancelledNov 12 10:58

I would write down all tags associated to one of the clients -- and go to the new Beta Tag Management Page to see what profiles are associated to these tags.

We had this happen a few months ago. I did not think much of it, but I have changed configuration profiles and the way I scope them out and it seemed to resolve the issue for me. What happens if you exclude the device from all configs and re-load them and see if that works out the issue.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels