Set Wallpaper

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Set Wallpaper

Hi All,

I have noticed that when you scope out the wallpaper configuration and the device is re-started the wallpaper gets distorted. Not sure if anyone else experiences this, but here is the solution I came up with:

Setup a time tag with hours you prefer, I am doing mine between 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM every day. *If the device is locked, the wallpaper will still change.

Create a wallpaper configuration in settings with your specific wallpaper and scope it with the time tag. 

As users fall into the group the wallpaper will reset. *No, when the configuration is removed, the wallpaper you set from Meraki is not removed!

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

Im not familiar with "Time Tag" how do i set that up....  Just noticed that my wallpaper is doing the same thing as described 

It is under Systems Manager > Configure > General.

I set it up for 12:00 PM until 1:30 PM. The devices have to be unlocked to push down the configuration.

Jared
ScottS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The wallpaper being distorted is due to the image resolution not being an exact match for the device. This is an issue with Apples implementation of their wallpaper configuration payload.

This page has the resolutions of the current iPad models. https://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@ScottS That sounds about right. I don’t restrict the user changing the wallpaper (which I know I can), so setting it everyday works for us. Eventually they just stop setting it to what they want because the MDM changes it right back.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels