cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Password requirements Windows 10 - Meraki

New here

Set Password requirements Windows 10 - Meraki

Hi,

It might be a simple question, but I couldn't found an answer...

Problem

I want to enforce password rules on a Windows 10 device. I checked in Systems Manager > Manage > Settings for Passcode Policy but it seems it only support iOS, macOS and Android; not Windows, see the image below from my Meraki configs. I tried nonetheless to set up the password requirements, but I does not work on a Windows device, I am able to set a 4 characters password when I specified a 8 characters length.

Capture d’écran, le 2019-10-02 à 10.28.11.png

When I check Meraki documentation (https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Profiles_and_Settings/Configuration_Settings), it says that Windows is supported.

Capture d’écran, le 2019-10-02 à 10.46.30.pngCapture d’écran, le 2019-10-02 à 10.46.35.png

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Head in the Cloud

Re: Set Password requirements Windows 10 - Meraki

I am finding the same thing. I think documentation might be incorrect.

Kind of a big deal

@user3  I would say the documentation is wrong, a passcode and password are two different things.

Meraki CMNO, Ruckus WISE, Sonicwall CSSA, Allied Telesis CASE & CAI
Meraki Employee

Hey @user3 ,

The documentation was incorrect. Local windows password policies cannot be enforced via MDM. I've removed Windows from that list.

Thanks for pointing that out. Sorry!

Cameron Moody | Documentation Manager, Cisco Meraki
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels