Scope not working with Mac Devices Auto-Tag

SOLVED
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

Scope not working with Mac Devices Auto-Tag

Just a heads up, I was trying to tweak my profile push for Apple School Manager and had this happen:

Hmm, this doesn't seem right.Hmm, this doesn't seem right.

It appears if you use the Mac Devices auto tag it ignores any criteria and selects only the Mac Devices. I am currently on the phone with support but wanted to share this as quickly as possible.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@alexis_cazalaa All I wanted to do was to exclude my Mac Devices by using the Auto Tag but I guess it's by design to work this way which makes no sense. If you select without any it should exclude whatever is in the list to be excluded.

The development team got back on this and confirmed that this is expected behavior of auto-tags. SM cannot scope “WITHOUT ANY of the following tags” and OS type auto tag by itself . The OS type autotag is used to define the scope, and you can use a complimentary device tag to narrow it down further. 
I would recommend the following:
1) Use just "With any/all of the following" and iOS OS type auto tag

Thank you, 

Cisco Meraki Technical Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
alexis_cazalaa
Building a reputation

what other criteria do you want ?

@alexis_cazalaa All I wanted to do was to exclude my Mac Devices by using the Auto Tag but I guess it's by design to work this way which makes no sense. If you select without any it should exclude whatever is in the list to be excluded.

The development team got back on this and confirmed that this is expected behavior of auto-tags. SM cannot scope “WITHOUT ANY of the following tags” and OS type auto tag by itself . The OS type autotag is used to define the scope, and you can use a complimentary device tag to narrow it down further. 
I would recommend the following:
1) Use just "With any/all of the following" and iOS OS type auto tag

Thank you, 

Cisco Meraki Technical Support

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels