SM Live tools stopped working on Mac OS

Newt
Conversationalist

SM Live tools stopped working on Mac OS

I'm using the legacy version of SM and recently the SM Live tools have stopped working. I get error messages like Failed to generate or fetch a screenshot or trying to remote desktop yields the error Client or agent not found.

I also have some Windows OS clients which seem unaffected and I am still able to use live tools and Remote Desktop into them.

Is anyone else having similar experiences or have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What version of Mac OS are the devices running?

They range from 10.9.5 to 10.13.6.

lma
Conversationalist

I have the same problem but it started earlier already, I think around a month ago? Annoyingly, it's not consistent. This happens on some (I'd say most) of our devices (all of them OS X) but not all. We mostly have 10.14.1 but some of us still have 10.13.6 - this doesn't seem to affect the situation.

Ssom
Conversationalist

I'm having a similar issue. If I get an error that keeps me from connecting in its usually because of a recent reboot and MDM is still connecting to the cloud. I wait a few minutes and it works. My issues is that when I am connected in I cannot control the remote device.

lma
Conversationalist

Are your devices Mojaves? If so, then that's the issue, it included some updates that prevent controlling the computer, there's a separate topic about that here. I wish Meraki will fix this soon.

Newt
Conversationalist

All MacOS devices from Sierra, High Sierra and Mojave, including those that previously worked and suddenly just stopped. I noticed the problem when I became unable to Remote Desktop into only MacOS devices but could still do so into Windows devices.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels