SM App notifications

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

SM App notifications

Has anyone else noticed that the SM App seems to have notifications that you cannot clear?

IMG_0001[1].PNG

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
7 REPLIES 7
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you click on the items listed under "recent activity" does it clear them?

Otherwise if they are not needed I would just turn notifications off. 

I just tried and it didn't make any difference. We don't want to turn off notifications in case we need to push out a message to all iPads in the district.

Hmm, I think you are going to need to open a support case. 

@BlakeRichardson,

I already did, I was just curious if others were seeing the same type of behaviour on iPads with the App.

@vassallon  I have just sent a bunch of notifications using SM to my device, I get these notifications however I don't have any stuck notifcations like you. 

My device is set to show banners, badges and play sounds. 

@BlakeRichardson 

I'm 99% certain, it's due to Apps being delivered to the iPad and either potential or past App updates and/or Apps not installed. 

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@BlakeRichardson Just to test my theory, I just setup an iPad that had been offline for over a year and boom 53 notifications. I can scroll partway down the home page and the number has dropped to 33, so I believe this confirms what I was thinking and because you can only see a limited number of entries, I can't see the 33 other entries for apps that are available to download.

I just checked the number of Apps available for this iPad, 6 automatically downloaded and 47 are missing and available to download from the Apps section of the Meraki App. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels