Renewed my apple push certificate with the same apple id and now my iPads are non compliant.

SOLVED
JoseColon
Conversationalist

Renewed my apple push certificate with the same apple id and now my iPads are non compliant.

After the renewing of the cert and getting the error I double checked on the change log and my apple id was used to create the certificate that was being used and is the only certificate on apples side with that apple id. Now all my iPads and iPods are not updating from Meraki SM and they have a message of Push cert Non-compliant. Anyone have any idea how to fix this without re enrolling about 100 Devices?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you, and thank @BlakeRichardson for your replies. I have solved the issue. The cert was renewed before it expired. The weird problem was that the cert that was in Meraki SM, appeared as if it was being used by our google services in the apple push certificate portal and not by Meraki (which wasn't). Once support told me the original push topic on the original certificate I was able to find the problem and I renewed the correct one.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@JoseColon did you renew the certificate before it expired or after?

As @BlakeRichardson has hinted, you have to renew the certificate before it expires.  Otherwise you have to re-enroll all your devices again.

Thank you, and thank @BlakeRichardson for your replies. I have solved the issue. The cert was renewed before it expired. The weird problem was that the cert that was in Meraki SM, appeared as if it was being used by our google services in the apple push certificate portal and not by Meraki (which wasn't). Once support told me the original push topic on the original certificate I was able to find the problem and I renewed the correct one.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels