Remove iPad from MDM with no WiFi

JWadman
Comes here often

Remove iPad from MDM with no WiFi

So I was having issues with an iPad connecting to the wrong network on the MDM. At this point I could pick the device up and just select which Wifi network to join. I decided to use the only use SSID used in setup on the restrictions options. Once I joined it back to the Wifi, the new profile was downloaded and then it lost WiFi again. 

I have removed this setting from the managed settings but because I have no WiFi, I am unable to sync back with the MDM. I can not remove it from the MDM because there is no WiFi. I have tried to remove from the device by going to General and device management but there is no option to remove. 

I can not erase all device settings because I had this option disabled. So currently I have a very expensive paper weight.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

Do you not have the option to put in the WiFI password by hand? If that isn't an option what about putting the iPad in to reset mode and resetting the iPad that way.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht201263

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Could you maybe plug it in via USB to a computer, and let it access the Internet via the computer?

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

@PhilipDAth wrote:

Could you maybe plug it in via USB to a computer, and let it access the Internet via the computer?

You can do Internet sharing via a Mac, or you can also use Ethernet directly with the iPad - https://www.lifewire.com/connect-ipad-to-wired-ethernet-port-1994242

MRCUR | CMNO #12
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

I think taking a backup via Apple Configurator 2 and restoring the device would work. 

In addition, do you have an Airport Express or AP laying around? I would clone the network name and password and try to join the iPad to that. Then the restriction should come off.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Brain
New here

DId you get a fix to this @JWadman .  I have an entire set of "paper weights" right now and I am trying to find a work around.  Thank You for any info.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels